Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Happens When Cancelling 2 Sky+ Boxes

Options
  • 14-03-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a sky+ HD subscription and a sky+ subscription multiroom (2 rooms).
    I want to cancel both subscriptions and just receive free channels.

(I think I can get the free channels by just cancelling and keeping the boxes).

But what happens with my multiroom? Will both boxes be set to the same channel in each of the rooms?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

you can look at different channels on each box

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They just are two separate Sky boxes that get all the free channels (some might need to be via other channels). You may also get UK EPG on them (but probably not).

There is no connection between "multiroom" boxes. They are just ordinary sky boxes. The phone line is only so Sky knows you are not cheating and giving a cut price subscription away, it can be ditched and should be for storm safety on all boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No recording on them though which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Thanks for the replies and info.

Is there any way to keep only the recording but cancel all subscriptions to channels (i.e. just get free channels) ?

Also when canceling what is the best way to make the point that there are too many adverts on their subscription channels and that is why I am canceling? (not that it will do any good but I want to make the point forcefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

rb25 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies and info.

Is there any way to keep only the recording but cancel all subscriptions to channels (i.e. just get free channels) ?

Also when canceling what is the best way to make the point that there are too many adverts on their subscription channels and that is why I am canceling? (not that it will do any good but I want to make the point forcefully)

There's a charge of €15 per month to keep the recording facility,at that price you'd be better off keeping 1 mix for €23 per month and get the recording included.On the subject of ads,the only channels that are not blighted by ads(apart from Sky Movies) is the BBC ones.Have you tried watching anything on TV3? they are the worst offenders.
    Why not do the old trick of recording the first 10 minutes of a show then simply fastforwarding the ads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Best ways to have free recording are:
    PC with DVB-S2 satellite card and USB DVB-T stick for Saorview,

Or
    "Freesat HD" recorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭rb25

Thanks a lot for all the info.

Advertisement