Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often and how much do people spend on alcohol?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

With the recession and cutbacks and taxes etc I was wondering how many nights a week do people go out to the pub or club for that matter. And How much do they spend on drink?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moved from PI. Seems most appropriate here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

€188 a week. Used to be around €204 so I've cut back a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

probably 400-500 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Like any lover I spend way too much on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Not a lot in honesty. Maybe €10/15 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i'd head out every once in awhile, would spend about €50 on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

since i left ireland i might have a pint every 2 months

while i was in ireland itd be €100 a week minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

can't remember the last time I went to a pub - September 2010, maybe? meh.

Would spend maybe 10 quid a month on a bottle of wine - that's it...must be getting old (and am interested in funner things than watching a bunch of desperados try and find a mate over screaming loud music, paying way over the odds for booze, and claim they enjoy it...). Definitely getting old.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whenever I'm out, I spend loads. No different to 3 years ago really. Some months I might not go out at all, others I might be out plenty. Depends on stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Week not going = 30 - 40

Week + night out = 80 - 90

I like my few mid week beers, then throw in a night out.. which includes pre beers etc.

I do think I spend too much on drink tho..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I only really go out when there's drinks discounts on (ie 3e in Fibbers on a Thursday nite) or else meet up with some of my learned friends in Trinity and drink cans of Bavaria in the lovely little bar there.

If I buy drink for at home boozing it's usually cans of Aldi's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

€0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I have no idea. But I'm sure it would make the weekly rehab bill look like a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Might get out once a week , twice if I'm lucky were I would spend around 30,40 quid a session ( in rounds ) and a 6 pack of beer , 15 x bottles of beer, as well a few bottles of wine will be always be on my weekly shopping list .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Normal week, 10-15 euro. Big event, could be 50+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

Too much money if you ask me.

If you add up all the tax you've paid for alcohol over the years, you could have bought double the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If i go out with mates it €70-100 per night, but haven't been out in ages. I've spent €0 since xmas.

Probably around 400 or 500 euro if you averaged crazy months with quite months. That would be on nights out overall so probably 80 to 90% on actual drink, the rest on food, club entry fees and an odd taxi.

Have one big night nearly every week which is either thursday, friday or saturday. Two big nights some weeks and have a couple of pints some evening every week. Day sessions probably once or twice a month.

Average night out would be around 80 to 100 euro, day session 100 euro+, few quite pints probably around 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Been going out less in the last 6 months for a combination of reasons;

- Doing more training
    - Family have had children, which means they're not available as much
    - A few mates have emigrated meaning that the only guy who still goes out every weekend goes to the same ****ty bar talking to the same idiots. Great guy, but not great company for a whole night on yer own.
    - Saving for various things and Saturday night TV isn't half bad, especially with 4 cans in your belly. South Park and Family Guy all the way

I go out probably every second Thursday with my brothers and a few other lads (though it's a weekly thing). Only problem is that the pub is a €30 taxi trip away, so I only tend to go now if I'm driving or someone else is, or we can share the taxi. €30 each way ends up being more than twice as expensive as what we've drank that night. Thursday night would be typically 4-6 pints @ €4.10 each + taxi.

Night in town is typically €80-€100, though that's once a month or so for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If I just have my usual quiet wednesday night out it would be €18. If there's a birthday or anything like that it would be about €30-40

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Good Night €60-€100
    Bad night €100-€150
    Great night €200+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I only go to pubs for birthday partys, wakes etc minimum spend €10
    bottle of vodka from lidl is put in my handbag handy for trips to the toilet I refuse to be ripped off
    I cant afford pubs/clubs since things got bad much cheaper and comfyer to drink at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

for a night out i try to keep it as close to €30/40 as possible... but it always ends up being about 70.

when ever im out, i always seem to whip out my laser card and buy a round of drinks.... terrible drunken habit... but my friends never complain...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My tolerance for drink is gone, €20 -€40 would get me plastered these days. Either staying in or out and about. I used to go on 10 day binges I must have broken my alcohol genes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Depends on the week, some weeks i might spend nothing other weeks i could go on the rip for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

€0 every week. Adds to about €0 a year. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

€0 every week. Adds to about €0 a year. :mad:

Are you sure?? I mean.. I'm no mathimagican.. but your figures look a bit off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

roughly 20/30 euro a month. I only get to go out once a month usually these days.

get the odd bottle of wine in aldi, but not often. stupid recession!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭s3129

Id buy a bottle of wine for before I went out usually around a tenner, then go out with 70 or 80 in my bag.. in case of emergencys as in having to get taxi etc etc ... but then its usually spent on double vodka red bull. and tequila... lots of tequila..

drink is so expensive in this country, pure rip off.when you add up the cost of a night out its crazy, between fags, drink, paying into a nightclub.. its all money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I just ask the pub for the first aid kit an suck the alcohol swabs dry.

Seriously, if I go out, maybe 50 a night.. Including smokes and a taxi home.

To a club.. I don't go to them much, cause I don't have the money most times..

Sitting in, I rather, cause I can have a smoke in comfort sitting on the couch watching tv, instead of havin to get up an walk outside in the freezing cold an rain, maybe get a few bottles on a friday or saturday night, or both an it would be about 20 A night, maybe

Advertisement