Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often and how much do people spend on alcohol?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

2 bottles of Buckfast at 10r each a week
    then 20 euro on the out either once or twice a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Uh... 68 euro per week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

depends... some weeks I might only have a few other weeks, well.. I don't like math that embarrasses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Bit jkarred at the moment, bought all the devuls bit i could for a tnner. tic all goos at the dn of te day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Anything from 20 to 50 a week. Generally much closer to 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 stratman89

go out bout twice a week, always get drink before hand rarely buy drinks in nightclubs there a rip off, 30 euro would be a good night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Probably about $40 - $50 a month. That's about 20Eur - 30Eur. We don't go out much drinking, we tend to di it at home or at mates houses and we mostly drink wine. NZ wine is a really good price here and we buy it from a website that has special daily deals. So wine that is usually $25 will be $10. You have to buy them in half cases so we always have bottles of wine in the house. It's a really handy and cheap way to have a few drinks, and it's always good wine that we really like.

The only time it's more is when we're having a crazier night at a friends and get a bottle of Jaeg. It's quite expensive here.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Back in the summer of 2009 i used to earn near €1k per week and would go out thursday fri sat sun and spend easily 150 per night on alcohol alone but now i get €188 per week and id be lucky if i go out once per month and spend about €150 this would include return taxi = €10 meal = €30 nightclub admission= €10 chippy after= €10 so id spend just under the €100 on drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

about 30 quid a week.

6 cans of bulmers - 10
    nagan of morgans - 7.99
    bottle of fanta - 1.50

then two pints when out comes to about another tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pretty close to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

I go out once a month, maybe twice and prefer going for a meal than going drinking, so would spend about E25 on an early bird, another E10-E15 on 2/3 drinks and then a taxi home (E5 each). This would be once a month, if I'm lucky and have no birthday parties or weddings etc to attend. Minus the meal, I would probably spend about E30 on a night out. I definitely do not go out as much as I once did, in part because of the cost and partly because I have a young child. I have to admit that it does irritate me to hear my friends complain A LOT about their pay cuts etc and then watch them spend E100 every weekend on drink... i.e. no less than they did pre-recession. I don't take issue with people on the dole enjoying the odd night out or whatever. It annoys me more to listen to people moan about the cost of living and how hard it is to get by these days, when in reality they don't know how lucky they have it and they can still afford to hit the bottle HARD every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I travel up to Dublin twice a month (Saturday night) and head out for a few drinks. Prob have about 6 pints and then get a taxi back to the parents house. Costs approx €35 each time so that is approx €70 a month.

On top of that I bulk buy bottles of wine in Asda every 2 months so would have a bottle of wine every Friday night. That works out about €20 a month.

So €90 a month in total. Its a hell of a lot less then the amount I spent going out every Friday/Saturday/Sunday night when I lived in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Saturday Night: E30-E40 (Pints, Shots and food after)

Some Sunday Afternoons: E30-40 (Pints/Bets on the soccer:D)

During the week:None

Advertisement