Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized Dealers in Dublin

Options
  • 14-03-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest where to buy a Specialized Bike in Dublin? I'm aware of Cycleways but would like to compare to other places if possible.

I've looked on the Specialized website but their dealer locator map is terrible - Search: Ireland.... Results: Nothing Found.... :confused:

Cheers

SS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Hi all,

Can anyone suggest where to buy a Specialized Bike in Dublin? I'm aware of Cycleways but would like to compare to other places if possible.

I've looked on the Specialized website but their dealer locator map is terrible - Search: Ireland.... Results: Nothing Found.... :confused:

Cheers

Put in "Dublin" as your location and try again. It shows 5 dealerships..

RICHIES BIKE STORE

UNIT 16, TOWN CENTRE MALL
    SWORDS, CO. DUBLIN IE
    Tel:01 8900631

richiesbikestore@eircom.net
    www.richiesbikestore.com

92.76 km
    Directions...

53 DEGREES NORTH

UNIT 428, RETAIL PARK 3
    THE BLANCHARDSTOWN CENTRE
    BLANCHARDSTOWN, DUBLIN DUBLIN15 IE
    Tel. 01 8249156

100.66 km
    Directions...

MCQUAID CYCLES

2 FITZMAURICE ROAD
    GLASNEVIN, DUBLIN 11 IE
    Tel:01 8342117

david@dmcsports.ie

100.94 km
    Directions...

CYCLEWAYS

185-186 PARNELL STREET
    DUBLIN, DUBLIN1 IE
    Tel.00353 18724636

CYCLEWAY@INDIGO.IE
    www.cycleways.com

104.46 km

CYCLE INN

1 LONG MILE ROAD
    TALLAGHT, DUBLIN 12 IE
    Tel:01 4264883

cycleinnlm@gmail.com
    www.thecycleinn.com

107.58 km
    Directions...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hollingsworth stocks them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

As do Stagg Cycles in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Bike Hub in Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭secondspring

Thanks all - very helpful.

While I'm at it... anyone know of dealers online who will ship to Ireland? My understanding is that Specialized restrict online sales to protect local dealers. Are there any exceptions to this?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

Bikescene UK will ship to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 22 EnderWigign

Thanks all - very helpful.

While I'm at it... anyone know of dealers online who will ship to Ireland? My understanding is that Specialized restrict online sales to protect local dealers. Are there any exceptions to this?

Cheers

I know that this is an old thread, so sorry for digging it up, but you may find what I post interesting. I have spotted this thread on another forum that I visit. It seems that one of the users of that site has a problem with Specialized UK's shipping policy from the UK. They have taken it up with Specialized UK and indicated that the policy is against European competition law. They have effectively forced Specialized UK to row back on their policy of not shipping outside the UK and to now allow orders to be placed from other EU countries with UK vendors. They show some examples on that site. I have checked Evans Cycles and they have removed their UK Only note for Specialized bikes. Fair play to that individual.

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43147&hilit=specialized

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

I know that this is an old thread, so sorry for digging it up, but you may find what I post interesting. I have spotted this thread on another forum that I visit. It seems that one of the users of that site has a problem with Specialized UK's shipping policy from the UK. They have taken it up with Specialized UK and indicated that the policy is against European competition law. They have effectively forced Specialized UK to row back on their policy of not shipping outside the UK and to now allow orders to be placed from other EU countries with UK vendors. They show some examples on that site. I have checked Evans Cycles and they have removed their UK Only note for Specialized bikes. Fair play to that individual.

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=43147&hilit=specialized
    Are you sure that was the right link?

johnk123 wrote: »
    Are you sure that was the right link?

I have just realised that the thread is in a members only area of that forum. Let me see if I can dig out the relevant information.

Ok. I am not sure if I can take stuff directly from that forum but here is the gist of the thread.

The guy orders a Specialized bike from a vendor in the UK, only to hear a few days later that the vendor can't deliver due to restrictions by Specialized UK. He then wonders if this is against EU competition law. he contacts the Irish competition authority and Specialized UK. The competition authority seem to think that this is most likely an issue. Specialized UK claim that it is the vendor and not them who are imposing the restriction. He lodges a complaint with the EU competition authority and receives a response that the they intend to take a serious look at the issue. A week later, he posts up images that show how a notice on restriction of delivery has been removed from one site and claims that other sites are the same.

I apologise for posting up a link that doesn't work for all but I guess you can check your favourite site and see if there are still restrictions on Specialized bikes being shipped to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I got my latest Specialized last december from Hollingsworth cycles, Lower Kilmacud road, Stillorgan. They ordered it in and go it within 2 weeks.
    http://www.bikez.ie/ is their site. Really happy with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

I got my latest Specialized last december from Hollingsworth cycles, Lower Kilmacud road, Stillorgan. They ordered it in and go it within 2 weeks.
    http://www.bikez.ie/ is their site. Really happy with everything.

My boyfriend was in there today looking at a specialized bike. He said the man was so helpful that he would definitely buy his bike there. I bought a specialized bike in cycleways last week. Still waiting for it to arrive and i felt the lads in there wer so helpful that i wouldnt have bought the bike anywhere else!! H.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Don't know if anyone has made this point, but Cycleways are owned by the Specialized distributor for Ireland. I would be very surprised if anyone got better prices from a dealer than from the distributor! BTW the policy of not shipping outside the country a dealer is based in was very obviously in contravention of EU law & im glad to see someone took issue with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

spyderski wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has made this point, but Cycleways are owned by the Specialized distributor for Ireland. I would be very surprised if anyone got better prices from a dealer than from the distributor!

I would be surprised if that made any difference to the pricing. What's the point in going to the trouble of acquiring distribution rights if you're not going to make a larger margin?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

It would appear that Evan cycles have gone from "UK delivery only" to "Store collect only".

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/allez-elite-compact-2012-road-bike-ec030707

Interesting... not really solving the problem then is it?

I never knew that Cycleways are owned by the distributor to Ireland. Would probably explain their (from personal experience) ridiculously well stocked selection of the Specialized range. Nice lads in there too.

I know a couple of people who've gone in and got fitted etc on the bike they want, then ordered it from their LBS. Suppose it's all the same if they're distributors anyway, plus throws some more business on the books for the LBS.

johnk123 wrote: »
    Interesting... not really solving the problem then is it?

Sorry, I'll do better next time ;)

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Sorry, I'll do better next time ;)
    haha! I was referring to Evans reverting to store collection only! Specialized aren't really solving the problem if they tell all dealers to change from UK only delivery to store collection... No use in being able to buy a bike online at these 'competitive prices' if you still can't get it to Ireland.

Funnily enough they still have uk delivery only on their cannondale bikes.

What about Cycle surgery in Dundrum, they seem to sell Specialized on their website?

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/road-bikes/bikes/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true

Never had any dealings with them tthough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

If you are willing to head down M3 to Virginia Andy at Cyclize is a Specialized dealer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

Just got one in cycleways, happy enough, but took about a month to come though,

Mate bought the exact same bike in 53degrees north and had a total nightmare, think it took almost 4 months, which included various altercations with the staff, all in all a very unpleasant and frustrating experience,

Think mikes Bikes in Dun Laoghaire, carry the Specialized brand as well, but as said above, the in shop selection cycleways has is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

when is the dedicated store opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

seanin4711 wrote: »
    when is the dedicated store opening?

apparently they are having issues with planning permission,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Looking like March 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Does anyone know where the location of the current setup is?

They are operational, I just can't find the location on the internet.

Does anyone know where the location of the current setup is?

They are operational, I just can't find the location on the internet.

Portarlington

• Registered Users Posts: 12 itsmeitsme

nak wrote: »
    Portarlington

Does anyone have any update on when Specialized will be opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

Not much to see in the proposed site passed it today still looks pretty wmpty

itsmeitsme wrote: »
    nak wrote: »
    Portarlington

Does anyone have any update on when Specialized will be opening?
    Summer 2018 - full range is available in meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gall321

Where is the full range available? I'm trying to buy a new bike but the closest dealer I can find is in the north

Advertisement