Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet access on laptop.

• 14-03-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Im not to most computer savvy.With that in mind im gonna start bringing in my laptop into the college to use because the amount of people on computers during assignment time is hectic.I tried it before and I brought a lan cable {think thats what their called}, plugged it in but I wasnt sure how to connect to the internet.

Anyone willing to give me a dummys guide how to connect to the Internet with a laptop?:o

Im a student btw, not some randomer trying to get an internet connection in the college.;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Why not just go into Computer Services?
    That's what they're there for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

Remmy wrote: »
    Hey all.

Im not to most computer savvy.With that in mind im gonna start bringing in my laptop into the college to use because the amount of people on computers during assignment time is hectic.I tried it before and I brought a lan cable {think thats what their called}, plugged it in but I wasnt sure how to connect to the internet.

Anyone willing to give me a dummys guide how to connect to the Internet with a laptop?:o

Im a student btw, not some randomer trying to get an internet connection in the college.;)

Turn on your wireless and select the I.T carlow wireless network, launch internet explorer and you will be brough to a page were you enter your student number and password. Easy enough takes 2 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nolaner

Remmy wrote: »
    Hey all.

Yeah unfortunately you have to connect to it using your wireless! For some reason even though in the library they have sockets for lan connections, you cant actually connect to the internet via a lan cable

Advertisement