Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrupted NEFs

• 14-03-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I was away for the weekend and took about 300 pictures and now at least half (and pretty much all the good ones) just won't open in any software I have... I have a plugin for Windows Media Player, View NX2, Picasa and Creative Suite 5 and one way or another they all say they can't read the files (even though they say NEF and are about the size they should be.

Some of the files that will open are badly corrupted - for example half of one image is just yellow and black blocks and others you can only see about 10% of the image because the rest is blocked by black and grey blocks

Has anybody experienced this before? And if so have you been able to fix it??

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Oh I should probably mention that I got a 16gb memory card from China very cheap so that could well be the issue and might make it easier to figure out how to recover the files!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

How do they look on playback in the camera?

TBH, I'd say you've answered your own question, cheapo card from China is more than likely to be your problem, if the files were corrupted writing to the card it's unlikely you'll recover them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

No, the playback was grand for the whole weekend. I put them into View NX2 and they were alright for a while, then I tagged the ones I wanted and when I tried to export them they just wouldn't work. So the only thing I can think of is that View NX2 did something to them? Because when I put the card back in the camera now it says it can't read those photo's, even though it could before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Did you copy them off the card before working on them?

It seems that view NX2 has tried to write come info back to the files on the card and this has resulted in some corruption?

I don't use View NX2 so don't really know where you could go next, some of the Nikon guys might have an idea.

Advertisement