Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower curtain rail question

• 14-03-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I am out of money for getting a shower enclosure (strange quadrant shaped tray, quotes all around 800 euro for an enclosure) but would like to put the shower into use. What are the pitfalls around putting up a shower curtain rail that I should watch for? Very limited diy skills in this house!

I will need an L shaped or curved rail (shower tray is in corner of bathroom). Would like something that avoids water spraying all over the room as there are teenagers in the house that shower every 5 minutes.... or seems that way!

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

have a look at the argos website, they do round curtain rails that might suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Forget a shower curtain on a shower tray. I dont care what anyone tells you. I have been fitting showers and bathrooms years. I have seen the damage. Especially with kids.

A shower curtain only works on a bath and not a flat bath either.

What type of tray have you.

A 900 quad door can be bought for 300 euro and 150 fitting and thats a quality one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Thanks for taking the time - this is the type of tray I have and was told by local bathroom providers that it is not made any more, that quadrant trays all have a curved edge now.

http://www.ukbathrooms.com/shop/showers/shower_trays_2/products/just_trays_merlin_neo_angle_shower_tray.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its called a pentagra tray.

If you contact flair shower doors up north and ask them for your local agent you will get door cheap enough.

After that start saving for a tray replacement. Bear in mind you might have to replace tiles as well.

Its a pentagra door you need. There is 2 options

A pivot pentagra door or a bifold pentagra door.

You can also look at getting a door made. Once you have the front pivot then all you will need is 2 framed sidepanels made but try flair first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

They were really helpful, thanks! They can supply the right shape, so I'm going to get their local agent to quote me on it. If it is in any way affordable I 'll go with it so fingers x'd. Thanks again for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement