Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being relevant?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭

This is inspired by watching an anti ageism ad.... ageism is wrong and fair play to anyone who what wants to manage a football team in their seventies or who wants to work as a model in their sixties... but the whole concept of HAVING to still be relevant, sexy, interesting, involved, kinda annoys me I am looking forward to getting a brake from all that and spending my time pottering around doing my own thing while letting the young people run the world, ( although I hope someone is still paying homage to my femininity :D:D ).

Dose anyone else feel like that? or do you still want to as involved as you were in your forties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't feel that I have to be relevant, I don't feel that I have to be anything, but I do feel that I want to continue doing interesting things. I will probably settle for pottering gradually, but not yet for a while (I have just started on a whole new major project, though retirement is not far away!)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

I'm still trying to work out what it is I'm supposed to be relevant to.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As far as I'm concerned, they only person you have to feel relevant to, is yourself. No matter what age you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Im relevant to my dogs and cats..They cant open their tins of food!! Though if they could,I might become irrelevant :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I'm of the school that I'm relevant, but ultimately irrelevant to myself.

Suit's me. Can't imagine living my life worrying about what other people think.

Life isn't about what other people think. It's about being happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Not sure I want someone paying homage to my femininity.........:D

I would settle for someone giving me a set of working clogs though. I can remember them as being good solid workwear.

Advertisement