Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No to the queens visit,Brits out

Options
  • 14-03-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Was there any need for that to have been sprayed on the walls all round portarlington.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Was there any need for that to have been sprayed on the walls all round portarlington.:mad:

Yes there was a huge need, do you not realise the british monarchy pay careful and close attention to graffiti on the walls? The queen will read that, then leave and give us the north back.

Did you not get the memo??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

GAAman wrote: »
    Yes there was a huge need, do you not realise the british monarchy pay careful and close attention to graffiti on the walls? The queen will read that, then leave and give us the north back.

Did you not get the memo??

They could of at least picked a nice colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

suppose you can kind of understand their grievance,
    since freddy mercury died its just not the same,

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

No there wasn't any need. Its absolutely disgraceful & pointless!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Seen it yesterday morning while over there ,thought it was a little ott but then again these people are just idiots and have very little else to worry about .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's the work of uneducated inbred fools who I'm surprised were able to spell it correctly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

New bit sprung up since last night sprayed on side of someones cottage and on mcmahons wall in black this time.

Queen not welcome,brits burn in hell.
    Was alot of young lads hanging around there last night so i suspect they could just be copying the first lot.

It is just pathetic...prob think they're all cool going around doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭graceanseo

I didn't actually see it ( have been stuck in lately) but I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with local Sinn Fein, see Laois Offaly Sinn Fein Facebook page. It strikes me as immature and ignorant as well as down right scrubber behavior. :mad:

Well Sinn Fein weren't mentioned here at all, checked there page there and saw what they posted, the fact that anyone would even suggest it would be them is nearly as bad as whatever scum who did it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Ah that brings back a lot of 80s nostalgia, every second wall had "Brits Out" scrawled on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

The artist was in court in Portlaoise today and is enjoying B & B courtesy of the state tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

mcgarrett wrote: »
    The artist was in court in Portlaoise today and is enjoying B & B courtesy of the state tonight.

Seriously do you think Irish Prison Service will keep him inside for a non violent act with all the overcrowding, If he hasnt been remanded, he will be out very soon if not already.. Was he sentenced today ? What sentence did he get ? I find it very hard to believe any judge would remand him in custody on a minor criminal damage charge with a possible minor inciting hatred charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I really think its hilarious as nowadays 99 percent of our population have english relatives, pure stupidity I think, we couldnt function without them, biggest importer of our goods, and I think they have much much bigger problems with islamic extremists now

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

charlemont wrote: »
    Seriously do you think Irish Prison Service will keep him inside for a non violent act with all the overcrowding, If he hasnt been remanded, he will be out very soon if not already.. Was he sentenced today ? What sentence did he get ? I find it very hard to believe any judge would remand him in custody on a minor criminal damage charge with a possible minor inciting hatred charge..

So many questions :eek: , he's back in court on the 25th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Gator wrote: »
    I really think its hilarious as nowadays 99 percent of our population have english relatives,

Somehow, I'd doubt it's quite that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was Laois part of the Queens itinerary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Was Laois part of the Queens itinerary.

Laois and Offaly were the Munster plantation counties of Queens and Kings, They were formed from parts of the original counties of Meath, Kildare and Tipperary.

Yeah, but if she#s not going down that way then she won't see the message...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

New bit sprung up since last night sprayed on side of someones cottage and on mcmahons wall in black this time.

Queen not welcome,brits burn in hell.
    Was alot of young lads hanging around there last night so i suspect they could just be copying the first lot.

And they all probably wearing man utd, chelsea, liverpool jerseys and sporting reebok runners:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Stupid carry-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Ah that brings back a lot of 80s nostalgia, every second wall had "Brits Out" scrawled on it :pac:
    Or, in one case, "Birts out".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Or Ira Ruels, whoever she was!

Victor wrote: »
    Or, in one case, "Birts out".

I liked to write 'Brits In' above it.

Then I'd write 'Brits Shake It All About' beneath it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Mary McAleese had better keep an eye on the front windows so..

traitors.jpg

Tratior Man may strike again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

A friend of mine in his thirtys is very anti British. I don't see why given his age. It just seems age old prejudices are being handed down. Why?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

holyhead wrote: »
    A friend of mine in his thirtys is very anti British. I don't see why given his age. It just seems age old prejudices are being handed down. Why?

ignorance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Graffiti back home was always rubbish, growing up. At least in the 6 counties they know how to paint/spray something eye catching, whether the sentiment appeals or not.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call what they do up North graffiti as that doesn't do them justice! They are very artistic murials that get there point across in a educated way without resorting to crappy spray paint on a wall!!

Advertisement