Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D/C'ing from WoW In Galway with UPC!

• 14-03-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I had a good read of the thread that was stickied by the moderator on UPC issues but I don't think they relate to my problem. I'm on the 10MB package, I also have the basic router that doesn't have wireless.

I'm 3 weeks into my contract, the first 2 weeks have been just peachy. Download speeds are perfect, gaming pings are perfect.

Last week however, when I go to steam any video .. it plays to about 20% and then stops. As if it's buffering..but it never does. If I click to say.. 25% .. it'll start playing again..but only for maybe 10 - 15 seconds then freeze again. I mean I've left it for about 25 minutes and it won't move. The reason for this I think is that I'm getting momentary loss of connection.

I've tried streaming from youtube, ufc.com, E4 on demand.. all the same issues. Also, all day yesterday ( Sunday ) I couldn't steam, last night I could, this morning I couldn't. Now I can again but when I am playing World of Warcraft.. it goes link dead every 15-20 minutes, just the enviroment stops being interactive, and a few seconds later im D/C'd.

Now, I've rang NTL, they have said they can't see a problem their end. Do ping tests and get back to them. So I've ran a ping test on google.com and facebook.com - it all looks fine. Max 128ms and no failed to connect type messages.

Currently I've just run the Microsoft Security Essentials virus scan, turned up clean .. as I knew it would. I am about to do a Spybot scan, which will always turn up like 3 or 4 cookies and such if I haven't deleted my history or used cCleaner... I know regardless, that I haven't changed ANY setting on my pc since thursday, I worked 2 12hour shifts fri and sat.. log on sunday and this. Thursday wasnt good for streaming but no D/C from wow..played for like 4 hours.

Galway had a hard time with NTL yesterday, electricity was lost in various parts of the city and internet with it. NTL told me about 20 mins ago, all had been repaired and everything was peachy, so I don't associate my problem with yesterdays events as mine have been around since last week.

Any info I can give to ye I will, and any advice I recieve would be appreciated. Thanks very much, gif help :p

Advertisement