Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting two routers via wireless

Options
  • 14-03-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering is it possible to connect my netopia 2247 and a netgear N300 via wireless..

My netgear router is connected to the DSL line and is the main router. I just want to set the netopia router up as a bridge/switch at the other end of the house..

Can anyone tell me if this is possible. Not sure how much functionality the netopia router has...

Thanks,
    Jaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It is possible on some routers to put them into bridged mode, like you want, but I'm not sure if it's possible with your hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Jarrath wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering is it possible to connect my netopia 2247 and a netgear N300 via wireless..

My netgear router is connected to the DSL line and is the main router. I just want to set the netopia router up as a bridge/switch at the other end of the house..

Can anyone tell me if this is possible. Not sure how much functionality the netopia router has...

Thanks,
    Jaz
    In short, no.

Advertisement