Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on cctv and alarms

Options
  • 14-03-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hello just wondering is this system good or bad ? just moved into my new house (old house) and would like to get a good security set up and also looking for advice on alarms . http://www.equicom.ie/outdoor-cctv-kit-1-738-p.asp thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

id prefere dome cameras unless your going to place them up high

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Take a look at HKC SecureWave Panel, Europlex SigNET or for a cheaper solution look at the Powermax+ Quick Fit Kit 1

For cctv, it will depend on distances etc. but I would use dome cameras, due to very windy conditions in certain places, they are a better option.;)

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Take a look at HKC SecureWave Panel, Europlex SigNET or for a cheaper solution look at the Powermax+ Quick Fit Kit 1

For cctv, it will depend on distances etc. but I would use dome cameras, due to very windy conditions in certain places, they are a better option.;)

Hope this helps.

+ 1

I've fitted a few of the Apollo DVR's, good unit have had no trouble with them at all. Would still prefer to fit domes, most of these companies will give the option for domes in the pack, contact them and see....

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm not sure why people keep posting links to that site.
    That kit is way over priced for what it is, on paper the dvr is poor, there's no info on the cameras.
    Have a look at rf concepts or cctv direct, the latter have got some good reviews in the trade mags.

Advertisement