Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky offer

• 14-03-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭

at the moment i have sky world package and multiroom in 2 rooms costing 106 euro a month. today a sky rep knocked at the door offering me sky hd with extra hd box,multiroom in 3 rooms for 15 a month using 2 of the sky+ boxes i already have for 106 euro. installation will be 39 euro which 30 will be credited back to account in 2nd month. thing is he told me to cancel my original package and sign up as a new customer. would the changeover of this between cancelling and getting setup again take long,would it be worth the hassle???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭frustrated1

Hang on a sec..
    How much did they say you would be paying monthly when signed up as new customer, how long would that monthly charge last for and are they asking you to use a different name to the name thats on your current account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

Marco85 wrote: »
    at the moment i have sky world package and multiroom in 2 rooms costing 106 euro a month. today a sky rep knocked at the door offering me sky hd with extra hd box,multiroom in 3 rooms for 15 a month using 2 of the sky+ boxes i already have for 106 euro. installation will be 39 euro which 30 will be credited back to account in 2nd month. thing is he told me to cancel my original package and sign up as a new customer. would the changeover of this between cancelling and getting setup again take long,would it be worth the hassle???

In 3 words ~ Dont do it!

Have a look at what happened me.. Its not my thread but look at the answer/advice i gave this poster.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056204814

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

so would i be best off ringing sky and and see what prices they can offer on just upgrading the package i have now. the deals for new customers seem far better than what they offer existing customers!!!!!

so would i be best off ringing sky and and see what prices they can offer on just upgrading the package i have now. the deals for new customers seem far better than what they offer existing customers!!!!!

In my opinion ~ Definately..

Now obviously not everyone will have the same experience as me but i do know that sky dont agree with reps suggesting that you cancel existing account and signing up as a new customer.
    I know this because i gave hours on the phone explaining what happened and even though they couldnt do anything, they reported her for it.

Are you with sky long? You could ring up and ask about any offers they have, say you are considering cancelling due to reduced working days.. :) They will usually offer you some sort of discount to keep you with them.

My dad rang recently and said he wanted to upgrade to sky+ box. They said €49 and €30 installation fee. He said under no circumstances as it was free to new customers and is with them years.
    He said he was so angry that new customers get treated better than existing ones that he will cancel altogether.. He had his new hd sky+ box a week and a half later and didnt even have to pay for installation :)

Its worth a shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

yeah think i will do that so. am with sky 10 years now so hopefully they make me a decent offer to upgrade. all depends who you get talkin to on the phone i supose. is there a certain number you phone to get thru to irish call centre??

• Advertisement

0818 719 819 is the number i have always rang so not sure if there is a specific number for Irish call centre. They will connect you to the right area anyway.. Hope it all goes well and keep us posted with the outcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Multiroom in 3 rooms is a lot more expensive than €39 for install,the first multiroom box is free but any extra boxes cost €69 each so I don't know where the rep is getting prices from,this is the 2nd occassion in a few days I've read on this forum of reps not having a clue about the product they are selling-No wonder there are so many complaints here about Sky.
    Sky do have a 'wholehome' offer for new customers wanting multiroom,the price is capped at €15 a month once you get 2 or more multirooms(offer for 12 months only)
    You can't use the existing boxes from the off-Sky have records of the serial numbers of the boxes and as soon as you try to use them under your new account they will cop it.

Advertisement