Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with Domino scheme in Waterford?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all!
    I've just registered with the Domino Scheme in Waterford...I'm 2nd on a waiting list, but was assured I would probably get a place as women have to leave for one reason or another as their pregnancies progress. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, back to the question: I was wondering if any of you out there have had any experience with the Domino midwives? Also has anyone opted for home birth in Waterford? I'm leaning towards a home birth at the mo but I'm not 100% about it yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 louloubelle

Linguini, is this your 1st pregnancy?
    I went with the Domino midwives in waterford on my last pregnancy and found them great. The main draw for me was the early release because i hated the whole hospital stay on my first pregnancy. The Dominos are very easy going and very thorough. I was bed ridden for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy and they came to my home for my antenatal appointments. The after care is great too. I've just discovered i'm pregnant again and i've booked in with them again. I was considering a home birth this time but i think i'd be too nervous even though i live about 5 mins from the hospital!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 linguini

Congratulations! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! :)

This is my first pregnancy yes. I'm still contemplenting a home birth, I'll most likely make that decision for definite if I get on to the Domino scheme and after talking to the midwives themselves.

I'm the same, I don't like hospitals and the thought of not being in control is more scary to me at the moment than the thought of labour!!! I've heard good things about Ardkeen Maternity, like their willingness to follow birth plans etc, but that just maybe certain staff I don't know and that uncertainty makes me nervous! Also I'm not liking some of the things I've read on a thread here on boards about them having time limits on labour. The thought of being at home just feels less stressful to me.That probably has a lot to do with the fact that it is my first and don't know what to expect.

I'm about 15 mins away from the hospital which I think is fine. Well, I have plenty of time to make up my mind! Unfortunately, if I don't end up getting on the Domino scheme a home birth won't be an option as my finances will not stretch to hiring a private midwife:(

GLad to hear from your experience that they are good. Very happy to hear the word easygoing too! Thats exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for...not a highly stressed person that would put the fear of god into you!:D

Advertisement