Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REgional BroadBand Performance

• 14-03-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I live near Djouce woods about 7K from Roundwood/Kilmacanogue. I use regional broadband as I am too far from the nearest telecom exchange to get fixed line broadband. I pay €35.00 a month for what is advertised as a 2Mb package but recently the service has been rubbish. Has anyone out there a similar experience of Regional Broadband. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GarRoIT

dobdob wrote: »
    is advertised as a 2Mb package but recently the service has been rubbish

2Mb is slow for todays standards and is generally rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dobdob

GarRoIT wrote: »
    2Mb is slow for todays standards and is generally rubbish

Agree but this is my only choice I just want to see if anyone else out there has a similar experience of almost no service.

dobdob wrote: »
    Agree but this is my only choice

Most places can now get Vodafone 14mb or you could check wimax neither are brilliant but they are probably a lot better than what you have. Try bonkers.ie and it will show you all the options available to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Some exchanges like mine (bohola) aren't capable of anything faster than 3meg.

Heard from a Vodafone rep there tryin to upgrage the speed all over the country to beat the rest of the prividers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're talking about the Vodafone mobile network. This is not broadband, nor is it comparable to broadband. In reality, no one will actually get the maximum 14Mbps being quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

I have regional broadband in gorey. Got an "upgrade" a little while back with new box installed on the house etc. The service was great. I dont know much about speeds etc, but the speed i had was great for playing Xbox Live Bad company 2 online, download at good speeds, and browse on the laptop ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!

But as the poster said, since about six weeks ago, its gone so crap. The xbox live games are stuttery, and disconnect frequently. The internet also disconnects and service goes down for hours on end. I am now looking elsewhere for broadband because of this.

I was once a great advocator of Regional Broadband, but now no longer have any faith in it.

Maybe its a problem with their masts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I am currently getting Regional Broadband installed now. I will report later when it's up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wexford2010

Has anyone got an news on this in the last few weeks, I am considering getting this installed and am between Regional Broadband and Wicklow Broadband, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wexford2010

I'm having similar problems and am not too far from Roundwood, its a 3mb package and to be honest its been so slow I'll be lucky if this posts! I have reported this problem every day since install so I am waiting to hear back when they will be able sort out the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Has anyone got an news on this in the last few weeks, I am considering getting this installed and am between Regional Broadband and Wicklow Broadband, any opinions?

Wicklow are way better than Regional, but they have had their outages, as when lighting hit one of their antennaes.
    Sometimes they can be hard to reach and appear a small outfit.

Regional are cr**, make no effort to give forewarning of even planned outages, make no real apologies for their screwups.
    Links can be fine for a while and then degrade to hell and then they have habit of claiming the link is fine when it is absolute sh**e.
    Stay clear unless no alternative.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement