Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help: computer wont startup

• 14-03-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

my computer wont switch on, when i try to start it up it freezes and comes up with the following error message:
    Problem even name: StartupRepairV2
    Problem Signature 01: Autofailover
    Problem Signatire 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6002.18005
    Problem Signature 03: 0
    Problem Signature 04: 65537
    Problem Signature 05: unknown
    Problem Signature 06: No os installed
    Problem Signatuer 07: 0
    Problem Signature 08: 1
    ProblemSignature 09: Fix Partition Table
    Problem Signatre 10: 1168
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    i've tried starting it in safe mode(unable) and i;ve tried putting in the windows vista installation cd but nothing happens, i'm not very good with computers......any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

Does anything come up when you enter the vista installation CD? Any errors?

If not you may need to change the Boot Startup by intercepting the boot at the BIOS splash screen (the first thing you see when you power up).
    There should be an instuction on it somewhere (top or bottom probably) saying "hit del to enter setup" or some such message. The key used might be one of the Function keys, or ctrl or anything else.
    When you enter the BIOS setup, look for the "boot" option where you find one or more screens which determine in what order the BIOS looks for boot information.
    You need to make sure that CD/DVD is set before HDD. It might refer to the CD as "optical drive" or it might be included in "removable devices".
    Save the changes and exit the BIOS with the Vista DVD in the tray, and you'll know you succeeded when you see "hit any key to boot from CD".
    Then follow the boot repair instructions. Try the system restore option first from the booted DVD, to take you back before your registry got broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lakegeorge

thanks, will give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 InsightTech

If you cant find the boot options in BIOS, try tapping the f8 key as soon as you turn your PC on, this should present you with the boot menu.

Select DVD/CD Drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

check that you dont have any solid state memory cards in the card readers when u boot up.

My dad's pc often comes up as "no os installed" as your error is saying.

the reason is vista/win7 has a very fickle boot folder that is hidden on your primary drive (c drive at the time of installing windows)

for some wierd reason leaving a mem card in sometimes screws up the drive order (god i miss the hard wired jumper setting for locking a hard drive as master or slave)

go to your bios and reset the boot order.

1. dvd-cd/rom
    2. Hard Drive (drive 0)
    3. usb pen
    then the rest

then reboot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 PcTramore

ProblemSignature 09: Fix Partition Table

You might All so have a partition problem, you will need to start the computer from your windows cd and run the repair console. If you don't have the cd then it's on your drive in a hidden partition which you might have access to. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement