Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homefront

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

well im liking it alot.........large maps,balanced guns and vehicles..sniping is fun and the ground control gamemodes are brilliant!!
    sure the graphics arent great but dedicated servers with 24 or 32 players with no lag make up for that.....for me anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just watched live stream On Justin.tv

Multiplayer looks same as cod. Arcadish fast passed run and gun action.

Like I said before. It will sale, and sale fast and alot.

I wount be getting it for sure, but good luck to anyone who is going for it. I really hope it will look more fun for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

If you liked K&L 2 then you will think Homefront is a utter masterpiece.

one of my favourite games of all time is one of your most loathed? can't help but feel in separating the men from the boys Kane and Lynch have succeeded.

Kane & Lynch 2; that is. underrated, as it already is

Star Bingo wrote: »
    one of my favourite games of all time is one of your most loathed? can't help but feel in separating the men from the boys Kane and Lynch have succeeded.

Kane & Lynch 2; that is. underrated, as it already is

Damn I thought I am alone and weirdo... I loved that game!!! The feel of weapons is just amazing. I think it made best ever shotgun feel I ever encountered in video game, it is actually useful and has range more then 2 meters.

Amd when you picked up heavy machine gun, you knew that it will rape! The feel in firefights great too, constant moving, graphic style. One of thecrare games that I wanted to finish and see WTF is happening and how those two maniacs will get out of it. The only disappointing moment: ending. It ended allright, but no flash final :(.

If cod sp would be atleast half as good as k&l 2 then it could be called decent. And it looks like homefront can't even reach cod fish and chips standart.

Sorry for off topic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Cheapest place seems to be hmv who have it for 45euro and you get a 10euro voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

Bought it at 5pm, played it at 11pm, cleared it by about 4am.

Back to Oblivion I go, 74hrs playing and still counting. Ive no interest in the online multiplayer scenarios...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

got the game yesterday, played a few hours, traded it in today.

Its pretty bad , if you are really thinking about buying this game i would definetly rent it first.

The graphics are awful - as are the map designs.

Cost 50 euro in xtra vision , got 45 euro for it today from gamestop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To the people who say they have traded it in - how much do you get back for trade-ins? Surely you're out of pocket by about 20 quid? Maybe it's the skinflint recessionist talking, but it seems like very silly behaviour for a game generally getting mixed reviews.q

pixelburp wrote: »
    To the people who say they have traded it in - how much do you get back for trade-ins? Surely you're out of pocket by about 20 quid? Maybe it's the skinflint recessionist talking, but it seems like very silly behaviour for a game generally getting mixed reviews.q

Game stop will give you 45 credit , 20 cash! the game is 20 new.they re-sell it for 47 euro!

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Game stop will give you 45 credit , 20 cash! the game is 20 new.they re-sell it for 47 euro!

So if someone buys it second hand , and wants to play past lv 5 in MP , they have to pay an additional 8 euro for an online code, total cost = 55 euros! More pricey than buying it new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I suspect an awful lot of these are going to be traded in very shortly, so values are going to plummet sharply. If you reckon you've already gotten all you're going to get out of it, you're better off trading it in as soon as possible before you lose more of your cash than you need to.

I suspect an awful lot of these are going to be traded in very shortly, so values are going to plummet sharply. If you reckon you've already gotten all you're going to get out of it, you're better off trading it in as soon as possible before you lose more of your cash than you need to.

Well said! Theres going to be Hundreds of used copys of this game floating around soon,i think alot of people are getting bored of COD , and are looking for something to play around with for a few months until BF3 comes out.

Was in gamestop today. Seen homefront on shelves... I am predicting it to be in bargain bin very soon. I was surprised to see fable 3 in used games section for 32 quid! And there's millions of it! The fella, salesman, talked me out of buying it and to pick up fable 2 goty for 14 quid instead...

I think with crysis 2 just behind the corner, homefront will be trade In monkey. I might pick it up for 10 quid in few weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

So if someone buys it second hand , and wants to play past lv 5 in MP , they have to pay an additional 8 euro for an online code, total cost = 55 euros! More pricey than buying it new.
    yeah not impressed,bought a new copy,youngfella played it first & now iv to buy MS points to play online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Was in gamestop today. Seen homefront on shelves... I am predicting it to be in bargain bin very soon. I was surprised to see fable 3 in used games section for 32 quid! And there's millions of it! The fella, salesman, talked me out of buying it and to pick up fable 2 goty for 14 quid instead...

I think with crysis 2 just behind the corner, homefront will be trade In monkey. I might pick it up for 10 quid in few weeks lol

Crysis is not going to do great on consoles I'd say, little or no hype about it and no one I play online with is planning on getting it.
    If KAOS can fix the servers, I'd say a lot of people will hang onto Homefront for multiplayer, for a break from COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mcgovern wrote: »
    Crysis is not going to do great on consoles I'd say, little or no hype about it and no one I play online with is planning on getting it.
    If KAOS can fix the servers, I'd say a lot of people will hang onto Homefront for multiplayer, for a break from COD.

why drink cheap imitation tesco coke when the real thing is on the shelf beside it ;)

Crysis 2 is at least in some way different to COD, Homefront just seems like MW2 with vehicles

mcgovern wrote: »

i just sow review of crysis and it looked decent. then there was a comparising video of consoles vs pc and all 3 looked really good.

i was allways pc gamer, but now i am more of a couch dveler with xbox controllerin the hands...

i think ill get xbox version now, then i will get pc version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    why drink cheap imitation tesco coke when the real thing is on the shelf beside it ;)

Crysis 2 is at least in some way different to COD, Homefront just seems like MW2 with vehicles

You mean its like BC2 right ??? Doesnt really seem like cod at all from the videos i've seen. Maps are huge, vehicles, 32 man lobbies etc.

I might give this a shot when i get some free time.

krudler wrote: »

Crysis MP (from the beta at least) is much more CoD than Homefront, pacing, speed and gameplay wise. It has some differences sure, like the armor/invisibility/speed thing, but kill streaks are for killing, where in Homefront, your points can come from capping flags, destroying drones, assists etc.
    I've not played BF:BC2, but I did play the first one online a bit, and Homefront is definitely closer to that, than to any of the CoDs.

I got 30 as trade in on assasins creed brotherhood, great game so far.

• Advertisement

No the codes in the box :rolleyes:

There are 3 codes, 2 for weps one for the advancement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A slight revisit:

there's a new patch out, a good 270 megs in size. It seems to have sorted the framerate issues completely, making it a lot smoother to play. There's also a lot less snipers mostly because the only one shot kills are headshots.

The full list is here:

http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-post/homefront-pc-patch-103-now-available

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is this worth a buy folks?

Also fair play on them fixing the frame rate, pity treyfail cant do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd say it's worth around twenty quid. If you can find it for that then yeah, worth buying, but if not, seek your thrills elsewhere, I think.

Unfortunately after the update, it's still very hard to find a game if you are in a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,381 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I rented out the ps3 version there

I surprised how bad the graphics are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Playing this on Xbox and really enjoying it. Yes single player is short and bland but multiplayer is great imo. Good sized, balanced maps, great scoring system and the vehicles are fun too. No lag or server issues for me so far either. Give it a chance folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

beardo81 wrote: »
    Playing this on Xbox and really enjoying it. Yes single player is short and bland but multiplayer is great imo. Good sized, balanced maps, great scoring system and the vehicles are fun too. No lag or server issues for me so far either. Give it a chance folks ;)

I got it last night,haven't finished it yet but I agree with that assessment, much better then I was expecting. Multiplayer is good craic and the single player isn't that bad but then again I am just after playing singularity.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Downloaded the closed MP beta yesterday, and it's already deleted.

The graphics are what I'd expect from a PS2 game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's 18.99 on play.com now. Worth it?

Advertisement