Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting problem

• 14-03-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

went to start the bike today(fzr) it was dead so i went to charge the battery up but it said it was full ,i then jump started it of of the car and it started fine i left it run for a while then turned it off and it wouldnt start, i repeated what i had already done and the same thing happened, im presuming its just the battery but the recharger which was new and has worked once before when used says its fully charged:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Was the bike lying up for a long time? It sounds like the battery is borked and the charger can't tell its faulty!! Can you borrow a voltmeter anywhere? It will tell you whether the battery is actually charged and will tell you if the bikes charging system is ok. Measure across the battery terminals with the bike running and then when its off. Disconnect the battery and measure across the terminals, then connect the charger and measure across the terminals.

Are you sure the charger was connected correctly?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

was lying up for a month, got new battery today and same thing thing happened would only work with a jump start and not on its own

was lying up for a month, got new battery today and same thing thing happened would only work with a jump start and not on its own

Theres something weird going on at the battery connections or starter solenoid. Is it turning over, clicking or trying to start - are the ignition lights coming on? If you are getting lights or clicking with the new battery then the starter solenoid could have corrosion on the contacts or a damaged contact. The fact that the car battery started it and a new bike battery won't is pointing toward a loose or damaged connection somewhere since the car battery would supply so much more power.

Did you have ignition lights on the dash before you bump started it?

'c

Theres something weird going on at the battery connections or starter solenoid. Is it turning over, clicking or trying to start - are the ignition lights coming on? If you are getting lights or clicking with the new battery then the starter solenoid could have corrosion on the contacts or a damaged contact. The fact that the car battery started it and a new bike battery won't is pointing toward a loose or damaged connection somewhere since the car battery would supply so much more power.

Did you have ignition lights on the dash before you bump started it?

'c
    no the lights wern't on it wa completely dead.

no the lights wern't on it wa completely dead.

If the new battery didn't bring the lights on then you need to check all the fuses, all the connections and you need to check the battery voltage with the bike running and not running.

You might think of getting a mechanic involved?...

'c

• Advertisement

i put new battery lead connectors and i gave the starter a wallop and its fine again, sticky front brake and stiff side stand are miraculously working fine too.thanks for all the help lad.

Advertisement