Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Mile router problem

• 14-03-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I am connected to the internet by Last mile.com. I want to connect my satellite
    receiver to the net as well but I have to connect the last mile cable to a router so as to have more than one feed, ie one feed to my PC and another to my Sat box. I have bought a TP-Link TL-MR 3420 3G router. can someone out there tell me what and how I put the right settings into this box so my PC and sat box connect to the internet

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

minkynuts wrote: »
    I am connected to the internet by Last mile.com. I want to connect my satellite
    receiver to the net as well but I have to connect the last mile cable to a router so as to have more than one feed, ie one feed to my PC and another to my Sat box. I have bought a TP-Link TL-MR 3420 3G router. can someone out there tell me what and how I put the right settings into this box so my PC and sat box connect to the internet

Rob
    Step 1, Bring back the router to the shop...its the wrong one.
    You need a cable router capeable of doing PPPoE.

Go to Argos and buy the router with item number 925/4709.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭minkynuts

I have only just got the router to see if it solves my problem

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭minkynuts

It works

Rob

No Problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I hope its not a POS Belkin
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=avoid+belkin

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Its cheap and cheerful isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its cheap and cheerful isnt it?

Yes, and if bought in Argos make sure you keep all packaging.

Advertisement