Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike number 5

• 14-03-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

I have just secured bike number 5 as the thread suggests. My drive way will be full if I keep at this. However, whilst the rest are worker bikes, I use them for communting this is more of a project.

I had been looking at getting a Vespa 200px in the future as a lot of my mates had them when I was younger, but I couldn't afford one. So I have a a project in my mind but wasn't looking at getting one in the near future as cash is a bit tight.

However, my brother brought this http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1966807 last week. However, he only has a A1 so he can't ride it, he got a very good deal on it is passing on to me what he paid for it.

So I'm well happy with it, but as I wasn't planning on getting it. The project I have in mind for it will take a while; however, I will have possession of it and get the work done over a period of time.

I would only go for a 200cc and my brother is happy he can use the cash to get a vespa 125, though he is a bit sick about it. He used to have a 150cc Vespa Super Sprint about 20 years ago, but until he sorts his licence out he will have to make do with a 125.

It amazes me that even people who used to own bikes [though to be fair he is off the a long time] buy bikes only to find out they can't legally ride them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It looks well - these are only going to get rare so you won't lose on it.

You can never have too many bikes. Don't suppose you have a Lambretta LP150 lying around?

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I actually really like them. Snazzy looking yokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It looks well - these are only going to get rare so you won't lose on it.

You can never have too many bikes. Don't suppose you have a Lambretta LP150 lying around?

'cptr

I don't sadly, all the other are road bikes, CB500, KLE500, Transalp and a SV650. So this will make a nice change when I collect it.

I won't have the cash to do much with it this year, but I have it and it's a long term project I have in mind as I intend to hold on to.

I do really like Lambretta's but I'm happy enough with the Vespa, when I was 17 I didn't think I would be getting a Vespa at 41; but better late than never.

Advertisement