Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hips and heels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

supposedly wrote: »
    haha, you said aware!

Did I?

I wasn't aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Tuesday 30th August 2011
    Snatch: up to 48kg for a single- http://youtu.be/v0VIJuiOYTY Check out my superhero suit snatch!
    Powerclean: up to 53kg for a single
    Speed deadlifts: 68kg for triples

Lifting feeling really good today; dying for Saturday to get my hands on some semi-proper weights! Absolutely buzzing around the gym today, I'm getting really bloody restless and twitchy. Too much energy!!

Here's some snatches from a few weeks ago http://youtu.be/pzNQCZMQBfc. I think they're feeling a little closer and faster now, but is that just wishful thinking?

http://youtu.be/1DeEx7XjOBE
    Was just looking at this video from a few months back. Bit of a difference since then anyway!

Snatch: 39kg for triples
    Clean and jerk: 49kg for triples
    Speed deadlift, snatch grip: 49kg for triples

Well, that's the work all done now. I have trained my little heart out, time to see what I got! Roll on Saturday! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Well, that's the work all done now. I have trained my little heart out, time to see what I got! Roll on Saturday! :)

Chinese it!

• Advertisement

Centenary comp, York
    Snatch: 55, 60(f), 61 :)
    C&j: 69, 75(f), 75(f, sort of?)...
    Still haven't found out why that 3rd c&j was red lighted so I'm counting it. Had a laugh, broke a national record and set three new personal records. That last snatch was some battle, I was so chuffed to get it! :)
    Videoes to follow later and y'all can decide what ye think of the controversial judgement yourselves. Great banter; York is cool :)

That's ridiculous, you should have done a moser.

He also did some other things which i wouldn't recommend... although sayign that it was a very harsh call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

L is talkin about this:

Think he's also partial to bread, water, shower cuddles, burglary and assault.

• Advertisement

Oh snap!

Haha, should you two be picking out china patterns together or what?!

That's Dead Ed shouting by the way
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT84Xejo9kg

For a small fee I can shout painfully obvious lifting-related slogans at you too. Some greatest hits include...
    "stand up", "punch it", "G'wan, lift it", "from the heels", "into the pockets" "AWWW ****!"

After 2 days of chilling out and eating a bit of icecream, it felt good to get back to training (even though it was light) and healthy eating. I suppose I'm probably still a bit tired from the competition; snatch and jerk timing were a little off.
    Snatch: 40kg for triples,
    Clean, front squat and two jerks: 50kg
    Front squat: 50kg for 5x5
    Stretched and a little bit of trunk work

Warmed up well
    Snatch: up to 48kg for a single
    Powerclean: up to 53kg for a single
    Bulgarian squats: up to 35kg for 5
    Jerk technique with the bar
    Timing and movement felt a bit better today than yesterday. Dying to go heavy again!

Jerk tech with bar
    Powersnatch: up to 38kg for a single
    Clean and jerk: up to 60kg for a single
    Front squats: 60kg for triples

Jerk tech with bar
    Powersnatch: up to 38kg for a single
    Clean and jerk: up to 60kg for a single
    Front squats: 60kg for triples
    Stretched

Jerk techwork with bar
    Snatch: up to 39kg for triples
    Clean and jerk: up to 50kg for 1 clean, 1 front squat, 2 jerks. Usual story, clean is grand, jerk is manky.
    Bulgarian squats: up to 40kg for 5s.

Grand day, just a bit of techwork really before heavy week next week. I'm liking the speed I'm getting in the snatch; it feels properly fast and close now. I just need to make sure I can keep it like that once it's a bit heavier.
    Jerk needs work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Your 40kg bulgarians just sent my right hip into spasms!
    Hmm... did you do any stretch work after that torture?

• Advertisement

Haha, that WAS my stretch work!

Jerk technique with bar
    Snatch: up to 50kg for single then 53kg (f), 54kg (fx2)
    Rack jerk: up to 65kg for single, then 70kg (f), 75kg (f)
    Powercleans: 50kg for triples
    Front squats: up to 75kg for triples

Snatches were a little too speedy and were catching me off guard! I wasn't getting them close enough so ended up out of the groove. Ditched one right down my back; silly girl!
    Rack jerks: If I'm honest, I've been pissed off with my jerks lately but the recent tech work with the bar is starting to pay off. I know I failed 70kg (tipped it a bit far right in my haste to recover) and 75kg (knee touched the platform so I gave up) but I feel some progress towards the correct movement has definitely been made. Lockout was solid on both of these.
    Powercleans were grand and front squats were strong.
    I know that today doens't look like anything much on paper with the silly fails and all but I'm really happy with training today. Looking at it as a work in progress, I'm going the right way and getting through some old obstacles (****ty jerk and banjaxed hip).
    I don't think anyone else in the world enjoys weightlifting as much as I do! :)

I don't think anyone else in the world enjoys weightlifting as much as I do! :)
    :D
    Hey, sent you a link on youtube.

Did you send it to deesupposedly or delynchster? I can't seem to get in to the deesupposedly one... grrr...

Sent you a PM on here instead.

Jerk tech work with 25kg, going well
    Clean and jerk: up to 66kg for two singles
    Powersnatch: 40kg for triples. Yeehaw!
    Press: 35kg for triples
    Bulgarian squats: 40kg for fives, 45kg for a triple
    Trunk work and stretching. Ow.

Cleans grand as usual, jerk not as good today as yesterday. Didn't fail any but still not hitting the technique points I would like to so left it at 66kg. Lockout getting better which is great.
    Powersnatches are by far my favourite exercise, they're so much fun!
    Presses alright, maybe bit harder than normal as I haven't done them in about 3 weeks and bulgarian squats were grand.
    Trunk work is the devil. I'm just trying to hold a hollow position on the ground for a few seconds and really struggling. I can plank until the cows come home but hollowing is just so damn horrid. How have I gotten this far with such a glaring weakness? Bad Dee.

http://youtu.be/OZSYHfcGl1A Clean and jerk montage.
    I know I fail more as the video goes on but the weight does get heavier! I think the form on the jerk gets better as the vid goes on, the first three are before I started the jerk technique work and the latter three are about a week later. Main aim of tech work is to dip lower and get a more solid and definite overhead lockout. I've already killed the bad habit of completely rocking back onto my heel.

http://youtu.be/xjwgFt2v-BU Front squats
    Fighting the dreaded "butt wink". Compare to these backsquats of a few months ago: http://youtu.be/D34OTiOf5TI. I think I'm on the right track.

Jerk technique with 25kg, 6 x 3
    Snatch: up to 53kg for a single, (no fails this time)
    Rack jerk: singles up to 80kg (5kg pr!)
    Powerclean: 50kg for triples
    Front squat: up to 70kg for a double

Fabulous gravity today! Wasn't getting the hips in enough on the snatch. I pulled it hard enough to make up for that so no misses but still just didn't feel right. Going to need a drill for that now that I believe in the effectiveness of them!
    Rack jerks were beautiful today. I could feel the solid shoulder lockouts and I was really dipping down under the bar properly. My body wobbled a bit under the 80kg but felt like shoulders remained stuck which is good. Unfortunately I had demons in my mouth making naughty shocking words. Oooops! :eek:
    Don't even remember the powercleans and squats, I was still on a high from that jerk. I'm so happy that only a week and a half of drilling can change a technique so dramatically. It's a work in progress but not far away from where I want it to be at all. Next step is to jerk like that after a clean...

Jerk technique with 30kg
    Clean and jerk: up to 66kg for a single
    Clean: up to 80kg (5kg pr) for a loooooooong single!
    Powersnatch: 40kg for triples
    Press: 35kg for triples
    Skiving out of squats: oh yeah!

Clean pr is clean pr even if it's slow and ugly as sin! Got a little woozy at the top so I don't know if I can put the clean and the jerk together just yet but sure I'll give it a shot when the opportunity arises. Rest of the session buzzed by, fairly unremarkable. Weekend of rest methinks. Not a bad week really :)

Did some trunk work and stretching. Want a blue peter badge now.

• Advertisement

Jerk teck work: 30kg for triples
    Snatch: up to 46kg for doubles
    Power clean and power jerk: up to 50kg for doubles (on the jerk)
    Front squat: up to 80kg for a single
    Speed deadlifts, clean grip: 60kg for triples

Snatch was inconsistent but I got a few good reps in and they got better towards the end.
    Power jerks are my new favourite exercise! I haven't done them in a million years and I'm pretty sure I was struggling with forty odd kilos back then but there was no bother at all with 50 for doubles today.
    Front squats were okay, I can feel when I'm doing the naughty hip kick and I'm working on not letting that happen. I'm still squatting well within what I'm able for; 80kg felt the same as 60kg.
    Video of these later.
    Speed deadlifts are grand, might be too light though.

http://youtu.be/7lnWn5Glstc
    70kg x 2
    75kg x 1
    80kg x 1

While I think there's still a little deviant hip kick, I think it's within acceptable parameters.

http://youtu.be/2JqzylYYPZk
    Something to compare the new ones to. The difference makes me happy. As does absence of hip pain :)

Is the "naughty hip kick" the same as things as the "butt wink"?

Not really but kinda similar. Butt wink is when you lose your arch at the bottom and the bum kinda tucks under (tight hip flexors) but naughty hip kick is more when you raise the hips before extending the knees, resulting in the arse going up in the air and leading the movement (weak/ lazy glutes I think). It seems to grind my hips to smithereens which is why I'm being so strict on my movement. I'm really happy with the progress I've made on this and it looks like I might actually be able to squat 4x this week. Might even attempt a backsquat with the bar next week! Ooooh, exciting!!

Jerk tech with 30kg for triples
    Clean and jerk: up to 61kg for 1 clean and 2 jerks. No fails but tech was a little messy on one or two towards the end.
    Powersnatch: 37kg for doubles. Whoosh! (too fast for boom!!)
    Front squats: 70kg for doubles
    Speed snatch grip deadlifts: 46kg for triples
    Stretched

Great day today. Deadly banter about the gym and squats are getting easy so quick. Training makes me happy! :)

Jerk tech work with bar
    Snatch: up to 46kg for doubles and hitting myself in the brain for a single!
    Power clean and power jerk: up to 50kg for doubles
    Front squats: up to 75kg for doubles.
    Speed deadlifts: 60kg for triples...zzz...

Snatches were mostly better than they've been the last few sessions but I was getting a bit lazy on the second rep of each set. I think I just didn't bother getting out of the way of my last one and dinked my head so had to take it again.
    Power cleans and power jerks were fun; grand.
    Front squats were probably a bit heavy, going to dial them back to 70kg for doubles and maybe do a few heavier singles. I'll play it by ear. They weren't as controlled as single at 80kg the other day but grand. video here later.
    Speed deadlifts...zzz...

• Advertisement

Was working all day and rushed straight from work to training as Hercs has crappy opening times. No time for food since breakfast. Fecking carcrash of a session. Blah.

Jerk techwork with bar
    Clean and jerk: up to 61kg for doubles.
    Power snatches: up to 37kg for doubles
    Back squats: 15kg for a few reps (Think that's a 15kg pr)
    Front squats: 60kg for doubles.

Gah. From the time I picked up the bar it felt like I was going to pass out and just went downhill from there really. I'm going to eat all the food in the world now and then I'll sleep for a million and one years and hopefully I'll be less of a moany ****e when I wake up. I'll give all my life savings to anyone who will come over and make dinner for me now. Any takers? Please??

. I'll give all my life savings

Three cent, a large rodent and pink leg-warmers.

. I'll give all my life savings

Three cent, a large rodent and pink leg-warmers.
    I have THREE large rodents and a pair of white leg warmers too but none of those things are for offer!

Oh yeah, I've got a some to add to your collection, only if you are good of course. I've got a rainbow colour too for you Mr. L

Jerk tech with bar
    Snatch: up to 49kg for a single then back to 46kg for doubles. Lots of misses.
    Power clean and power jerk: up to 53kg for a single then back to 50kg for doubles.
    Front squat: Supposed to be 60kg for doubles... computer says no...
    Bulgarian squats: 40kg for 5s

I'd forgotten how crap the doubles programme made me feel before but I haven't forgotten how good it feels when I go back to singles or taper so I'll stick it out.
    For some reason my hips were super extra tight today, it took about a million years before I could even do a squat at all. They even hurt a little during my snatches. My slow slow ugly awkward snatches. To look at them would make your eyes bleed.
    I like Bulgarian squats. Looking forward to the excellent doms in my glutes tomorrow. Yay!

• Advertisement

Jerk tech work bar
    Clean and jerk: up to 65kg for a single then back to 61kg for some character building doubles
    Power snatch: 39kg for single then back to 37kg for doubles
    Front squats: 60kg for double then +2kg for doubles to 68kg. Concentrating on keeping movement strict, controlled and pure as the driven snow. Think I did alright. Video later.
    Snatch speed deadlifts: 46kg for triples
    Ab work and stretching
    Grand day, better than yesterday. I find clean and jerk doubles at 61kg very tough but I'm probably (definitely) very very lazy.

Jerk tech work bar
    Snatch: up to 49kg for a single then back to 46kg for doubles
    Power clean and power jerk: up to 53kg for a single then back to 50kg for doubles
    Squats: 5 sets of ascending weight doubles between 60kg and 70kg
    Speed clean grip deadlifts: 60kg for doubles
    Stretched hips

Felt beyond tired today but didn't miss a single snatch and they actually felt quite good. Tommy says they were faster and better looking than they've been in a long time. Still wrecked but if my skill isn't suffering too much, maybe I'm not tired at all and it's just in my head!
    zzzz

Jerk techwork 20kg triples
    Clean and jerk: up to 65kg for a single then back to 61kg for doubles
    Power snatch: 39kg for single then back to 37kg for doubles

Jerk tech work 20kg for triples
    Snatch: up to 53kg for a single then back to 46kg for singles
    Power clean and power jerk: up to 53kg for a single
    Power clean and split jerk: 56kg for a single then back to 50kg for doubles

Today wasn't great but I was buzzing around the country like a mad fly so it's to be expected really. All plans from now until Cork are hereby cancelled. My snatch doesn't like it when I do other stuff.

My snatch doesn't like it when I do other stuff.

Hey hey now, there are under 18's on this site. Might have to report this.

howtomake wrote: »
    Hey hey now, there are under 18's on this site. Might have to report this.
    huh?

Jerk tech work 20kg
    Clean and jerk: up to 65kg for a single then one single at 61kg. Had to call it a day there because I strained my qwaad.
    Power snatch: up to 41kg for a single then back to 37kg for doubles
    Squats: doubles at 60kg, 63kg, 66kg, 69kg, 72kg, vids later
    Snatch speed deadlifts: 46kg for triples
    Ab work and stretching. By golly gosh there was stretching. In years to come, there will be tribunals about the inquests into the atrocities I performed upon my ankles today.

This. is. war.

huh?

Sorry this is what happens when I get too excited. I forgot forum chatting rule number 8, (smiley:) or winky;) faces when making a very bad joke) perhaps even number 17. Don't wrap the bar around my neck.

Jerk tech work 20kg
    Snatch: up to 52kg for a speedy and beatifully balanced single, then back to 46kg for more sexy singles
    Power clean and jerk: up to 56kg for a single then back to 50kg for clean doubles (strained qwaad again, d'oh!)
    Front squat: doubles at 60kg, 64kg, 67kg ,71kg, 74kg
    Speed clean deadlifts: 60kg for triples
    A little bit of abs and stretching then.

Great day for the snatches anyway, really put me in good form :) Hopefully right qwaad will stop being a whiny little bitch soon. Cork is less than a week and a half away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Jerk tech work 20kg
    Snatch: up to 52kg for a speedy and beatifully balanced single, then back to 46kg for more sexy singles
    Power clean and jerk: up to 56kg for a single then back to 50kg for clean doubles (strained qwaad again, d'oh!)
    Front squat: doubles at 60kg, 64kg, 67kg ,71kg, 74kg
    Speed clean deadlifts: 60kg for triples
    A little bit of abs and stretching then.

Great day for the snatches anyway, really put me in good form :) Hopefully right qwaad will stop being a whiny little bitch soon. Cork is less than a week and a half away!
    Periodisation shaping up nicely!

• Advertisement
Advertisement