Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hips and heels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

http://youtu.be/ThEqPH9ON_A 60kg 1 clean and 2 Fsquats x 4
    I think I was starting to get the idea by the end of the last set and didn't jump back as much as in the 1st 3 sets but still a bit of work to be done.

Clean tekkers haven't been the best lately when the bar starts to get a wee bit heavy. I don't think I've been getting the hips into it enough and I've been jumping back a little. Sometimes, this means I catch it quite forward and have to fight it to stand up so I'm starting a "clean log" where I try to fix my tekkers and video my progress. Clean has always been quite easy for me so I've been very lazy with it. Must try harder.

Snatch: triples at 20kg, 25kg, 30kg, 35kg, 39kg, 42kg working really hard on technique; speed and keeping it close. They felt good.
    Powerclean: up to 50kg for triples
    Fsquat: 60kg for triples
    Few bulgarians, no weight, really focussed on slow and controlled movement.
    Few vids of the Fsquats later

http://youtu.be/ORN9BMqBXBc Fsquats 60kg x 3 x 2
    Hips are getting a bit tetchy again. Felt a little better with the belt but it's a short term fix really. Going to head to the physio next week and see what the craic is. Fair idea what's going on myself and how to go about sorting it out but I've a voucher for physio so might as well use it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Whatcha think the hip issue is outta interest?

Hanley wrote: »
    Whatcha think the hip issue is outta interest?
    I reckon it's something to do with weak/ inactive glute meds/ piriformis on right side. Direct glute work seems to alleviate pain for a bit but pain comes back so I'm going to focus on glute meds and piriformis and pray to the hip gods that does it.
    Might be a kind of FAGS but most of the glutes feel activate in the glute bridge.

Also, I have a crayon in my hip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

supposedly wrote: »
    I reckon it's something to do with weak/ inactive glute meds/ piriformis on right side. Direct glute work seems to alleviate pain for a bit but pain comes back so I'm going to focus on glute meds and piriformis and pray to the hip gods that does it.
    Might be a kind of FAGS but most of the glutes feel activate in the glute bridge.

Let's play the Supposedly drinking game. Every time she says the word glute you have to drink a shot. I'm a bit tipsy already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Glutes are where its at! I could say more but I'll just get myself in trouble.

Glute off! :P

• Advertisement

token wrote: »
    I'm a bit tipsy already.
    You're always tipsy ya big alco! ;)

Clean and Jerk: up to 56kg for triple then back to 52kg for few more triples.
    Powersnatch: 38kg for triples
    TB DL: up to 140kg

C&J got better as I went along. I was jumping back at the start but getting the hips in more towards the end so it's just something I need to be AWARE of.

*Insert random GLUTE comment here in case Token wants an excuse for being drunk*

http://youtu.be/gy13BV3V28I
    Clean and jerks from today. I was focussing on my cleans and neglected the jerks a wee bit. I've a very short attention span, I can only focus on one thing at a time!

Clean and jerks from today. I was focussing on my cleans and neglected the jerks a wee bit. I've a very short attention span, I can only focus on one thing at a time!

Hey where is that? Looks like you picked up another fan there too.

What's with the dropping the bar, then catching it after it bounces, then lowering it? You are a total weirdo.

EDIT: You also go really low on the jerks, which I also find weird. Just thought I'd let you know I think your weirdx2.

howtomake wrote: »
    Hey where is that?

Morton Stadium in Santry. Had the car and it's easier for parking so I haven't abandoned Hercs!

What's with the dropping the bar, then catching it after it bounces, then lowering it? You are a total weirdo.

EDIT: You also go really low on the jerks, which I also find weird. Just thought I'd let you know I think your weirdx2.

You mean you DON'T do that?! You're doing it wrong! :P

You mean you DON'T do that?! You're doing it wrong! :P

I don't know if that qualifies as a neg so I'll let you off with just a warning. Do we remember that but a mere few hours ago you declared a 3 day ban on negging me, yes? :P

Snatch: up to 45kg for doubles. Few ropey ones but that was due to lack of concentration, most were grand and there were a few really good ones.

Powerclean and jerk: up to 53kg for doubles. Same as snatches.

Bulgarians: only went up to 25kg for set of 5, really concentrated of keeping tight and controlled throughout the movement.

Fsquats: up to 64kg for doubles. These were too easy but I'm a little bit scared of squats at the moment. Hopefully I can put some weight on the bar after I see the phisio.

Abs and stretching

• Advertisement

Tommy is going to give you 5 reps per set so that your training takes longer, that way you'll still be around when I make it in.

Tommy is going to give you 5 reps per set so that your training takes longer, that way you'll still be around when I make it in.
    Boo hiss! I'm deliberately not going to like that at all! ;)

Clean and jerk: up to 59kg for some super sexy doubles. I am C&J queen!
    Powersnatch: up to 40kg for some doubles that supposedly looked like an empty paper bag.
    Fsquat: up to 64kg for some slick doubles.

Got that super fun happy feeling during training again today. I'm ba-ack! :)

Snatch: up to 45kg for doubles.
    Powerclean and jerk: up to 53kg for doubles.
    Fsquat: up to 64kg for doubles then a double at 72kg.
    Bulgarians: up to 40kg for fives with more control than previous 40kg
    Abz: 3 x 10 lower body curls
    Stretching about to commence

Really good day today. All the positions were great and the speed was there. I really enjoy days like this :)

C&J: up to 59kg fr doubles. Got better as they went along.
    Powersnatch: up to 40kg for doubles. Unremarkable
    Squats: up to 72kg for doubles. Glad we upped the weight here by a few kg, think it's just right for doubles now.

Powerclean comp: 60kg, 64kg, 67kg(f), 67kg(sq)
    Bah. I wasn't that arsed to be honest but I had the fun and banter.

I wasn't that arsed to be honest but I had the fun and banter.

That's the spirit. ;) again about yer gluteus, drinking game time. Which I happen to be right now.

Snatch: up to 48kg for singles. Most of them were good, a few were really great!
    Powerclean and jerk: up to 56kg for single, these got better as I went on. Strange how that always happens!
    Fsquat: up to 76kg for singles. Bloody easy as hell today whatever was going on. I kept checking to make sure it was loaded correctly. Still don't believe I counted right!
    Bulgarians: up to 43kg for 5s
    Abz and stretching

Great day. I'm so ready for this Comp in 3 weeks, can't wait! Just hope God doesn't laugh at me again!!

• Advertisement

Clean and jerk: up to 63kg for few singles (3 great, one manky fail then a last great one)
    Powerclean: up to 42kg for few singles
    Fsquat: up to 76kg for few singles
    Abs and stretching about to commence.

Great day again today, clearly doing sometheing right (it might be the savage new legwarmers I got during my clean and jerks which bestow magical powers!)

Snatch: up to 48kg for few singles
    Powerclean and jerk: up to 56kg for singles
    Fsquats: up to 77kg for singles
    Stretched and abzz

Was knackered going in to Hercs today but session went great anyway. Whooshboom!

Wha' s'upp, Ms Supp?

Mon and/or Tues??????????

Clean and Jerk: up to 63kg for singles
    Powerclean: up to 42kg for singles
    Fsquat: up to 77kg for singles
    Abs and stretching

All good, was knackered going in to gym but c&j got better as they went on and powersnatch and squats were silly easy as usual. Still don't like abs exercises but they feel necessary.

Snatch: up to 50kg for a single. Super sexy!
    Powerclean: up to 59kg for a single. Wooopah!!
    Fsquats: 72kg for doubles. Eeeeasy!
    Abs and stretching.

Grand day :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I have a t-shirt for you.

Cool. Is it the misc one?

Powersnatch: up to 45kg for an easy single
    Clean and jerk: up to 67kg for a very pretty and easy single
    Fsquat: 72kg for doubles. So Easy! :)
    Stretching (forgot abs)

Really short and easy day. Feelin' groovy!

Really short and easy day. Feelin' groovy!

Yeah I heard you were bouncing around the place yesterday :D.

Snatch: up to 50kg for a slick single. I was ON today!
    Powerclean: up to 59kg for a single
    Fsquat: doubles at 72kg
    Abs and stretching

Great great great! :) I love tapering. Can't wait for comp!

Snatch: up to 50kg for a slick single. I was ON today!
    Powerclean: up to 59kg for a single
    Fsquat: doubles at 72kg
    Abs and stretching

Great great great! :) I love tapering. Can't wait for comp!

Tapering already? Laze bones. Do you have openers picked yet?

Tapering already? Laze bones. Do you have openers picked yet?

Yup. The auld 2 week taper. It's worked well in the past. I've picked openers but haven't spoken to Tommy about them yet so we'll wait and see.

Tapering eh? So we'll do something girly instead, like get a mani/pedi this afternoon?

Powersnatch: up to 45kg for a single
    Clean and jerk: up to 67kg for a snappy single
    Fsquats: 72kg for doubles
    Abs and stretching

Great day today; really very happy with clean and jerks now. Jerks are the most consistent they've ever been. I'm a bit tired now but it's been a long day. I'm going to eat everything in the universe now and rest till Monday, then, tear the head off a LION!

Powersnatch: up to 45kg single
    Clean and jerk: up to 67kg for a single.
    Fsquats: up to 72kg for doubles

I was a little lazy today but that's just because the weights are feeling so light!

• Advertisement

Snatch: up to 48kg for a single
    Powerclean: up to 56kg for a single
    Fsquats: 68kg for doubles
    Stretch

Wow, reeeally light today. Felt like I was just warming up and getting in to the swing of it and suddenly I was finished. Absolutely dying to lift something heavy now! :)

Snatch: 39kg for doubles
    Clean and jerk: 52kg for doubles
    Fsquats: 63kg for doubles.
    Stretch.

FML, hardest workout ever, this took all of 30 minutes and I almost broke a sweat! Going to need at least 10 mins recovery from this!

Ms. Supp on Saturday....

a4ec9bea-69d3-4327-ad8d-937cecf1af75.jpg

....maybe not so hairy though

Ms. Supp on Saturday....

a4ec9bea-69d3-4327-ad8d-937cecf1af75.jpg

....maybe not so hairy though

Nevermind Saturday, this is me now! :):):D

57kg/ 76kg @ 60.9kg bw

Snatch: Warmed up the snatch a little early so had to go back down and work up again. Everything was feeling technically good but I just wasn't in the zone and lacked that last little bit of "oomph". 57kg was not perfect but a good lift. I pulled 60kg high enough to get under it but I was a fraction too slow and I think it was a bit out front from the start. I thought putting 1kg on the bar would force me to put more into it but it just wasn't there. Incredibly disappointing.

Clean and jerk: Tried to put snatch out of my mind and not let it be like Edenderry all over again but that was really tough to do! I just did the best I could and warmup seemed great. 72kg has been a weight I can pretty much hit anytime. I felt like I had a good easy clean but then I started to see stars and got really dizzy. I just couldn't commit to the jerk at all and failed it. The same nearly happened for the 2nd attempt at 72kg but judges gave it to me anyway. Not feeling at all confident, I called for 76kg. Nothing left to conserve energy for, without thinking, I just went out on to the platform and stuck it. Really easy clean and rock solid jerk. Where I'd been feeling lousy before, I was suddenly feeling amazing and like I was finally hitting my stride. Damn, too late!

In hindsight, 60.9kg was probably a bit too light for me so I need to be a bit smarter about competition week nutrition in future. I reckon I should clear my schedule and just eat and sleep in the week coming up to the next big competition!
    Overall, I was hoping for 60kg+ in the snatch and 80kg in the clean and jerk so I'm disappointed but there are a ton of positives that can be taken from the day. 76kg is a personal best and a national record and 133kg total is also a personal best. It probably seems a little silly to be disappointed in light of that but I know myself I wasn't in the best form for whatever reason and I can do better.

I'll have another chance on Saturday at the Hercs open. It won't count for records or rankings but it'd be good to know myself that I can do those lifts.

All in all, a very good day for a bad day!

Thanks a million to Ed for top notch handling on the day and for pandering to my diva whims!

http://youtu.be/oV9aehMzpOc

I think I'm getting why you don't like triples. We did a few singles (I'm still doomed to triples for awhile) and I found them much more fun :D.

I think I'm getting why you don't like triples. We did a few singles (I'm still doomed to triples for awhile) and I found them much more fun :D.

Well, triples ARE cardio!

Snatch: 50kg for 2 singles and did 2 extra ohs on the last single
    Clean and jerk: single at 68kg (failed 3 to get there, wtf???!!!)
    Fsquats: few doubles at 75kg
    Bsquats: messing about at 20kg
    Stretch

I was absolutely dying to get back to training today but I was fairly rubbish in fairness. Failed a snatch at 45kg not through lack of concentration but through just being a complete Crapface Mc Slowpants. The 50kgs were okay though. Weird.
    I failed two cleans at 68kg and had to talk myself out of ending it all, then failed the jerk on the 3rd. Did the 4th because there was no way I was walking away from a bloody 68kg c&j but it was definitely a lot harder than it should have been.
    Squats were squats and that is all.
    I was half hoping that I'd make the 60/80 at Hercs Club Championships this Sat but I think there's more likelihood of me hitting 100/200 tbh. Positive thoughts my ass; I'm **** and that's just being realistic.

I like this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c0yPkhTtAE

You forgot the /emo tag!

I wouldn't worry about it. It takes awhile to get mentally hungry again after a competition. You'll be ready to kill fools by Saturday.

• Advertisement

You forgot the /emo tag!

I wouldn't worry about it. It takes awhile to get mentally hungry again after a competition. You'll be ready to kill fools by Saturday.

Yeah I know. I'm just in the mood to be all moody and negative.
    I pity the fool that gets in my way on Saturday!

Advertisement