Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hips and heels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Do chinchillas cuddle? I could do with one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

howtomake wrote: »
    Do chinchillas cuddle? I could do with one too.
    Pixie loves cuddles, Annie would probably pee on me if I tried to cuddle her and Buddy doesn't realise he's been cuddled till about 10 mins later. You should get some mince pies and beer and hot chocolate. That's what's keeping me from curling up in the corner crying. I'm going to get FAT for Saturday and hopefully I'll be ever so slightly less crap than I am now. Fat is where it's at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

supposedly wrote: »
    Pixie loves cuddles, Annie would probably pee on me if I tried to cuddle her and Buddy doesn't realise he's been cuddled till about 10 mins later.

World domination gene skips a generation?

token wrote: »
    World domination gene skips a generation?

Either it does or else he's a very good little actor. I reckon Pixie has an evil glint in her eye though. I'd watch out for her if I were you!

Snatch: up to 45kg for some doubles and few ohs. Not too shabby.
    Clean and jerk: up to 59kg for few doubles. Jerks were hot.
    Fsquats: up to 68kg for few Chinese doubles.
    Stretch.

Not completely **** today. I'm still a Crapface Mc Slowpants in general though.

60kg/ 75kg @ 63.0kg bw

Snatch: opened at 55kg, fairly easy by now. Failed 60kg then took it again with a bit more welly and got it. So chuffed!

Clean and jerk: I didn't get time to finish my warmup so I had to open at 70kg which was 5kg less than the intended plan but I stuck it fairly handy then 75kg also felt easy. I cleaned the 80kg without too much bother (there was a bit of a shout though!) but I just kind of melted under the jerk.

That's a personal best total and even though sinclair points were higher last weekend due to lower bodyweight, I felt yesterday was a better day of lifting and I just enjoyed it more. I'm happy I finally got a crack at the 80kg. I actually don't mind so much that I didn't get it; I'm satisfied that I really gave it my all.

Great day, fantastic buzz. Lots of fun with Hercs heads.

Long term plan from here is to eat fairly cleanly and bulk up to 63kg in the week before a comp. I also need more jerk heaves and a few other bits and pieces. Plan for the next two weeks is snatch, clean& jerk and squats and then whatever the hell I feel like. I see deadlifts and bench presses in my near future. Playtime! :)

• Advertisement

http://youtu.be/gXDKQsFSNA4

Me at the Hercs club champs

Snatch: warmed up really well then 46kg for few doubles
    Clean and jerk: up to 55kg for few doubles
    Squats: 72kg for few doubles
    Bit of back work
    Bench: up to 50kg
    Stretch

Pretty alright day for what should have been a clock-punch session. Reps were in position and snappy. All good, apart from the bench; I don't care that I haven't done it in about a year, I did not want to max out at 50kg. Stupid weak- noodly- girl- arms. I actually don't care though. The bench is a rubbish crap non exercise anyway.

I assume you didn't let the paparazzi take a picture of your benching then?

I assume you didn't let the paparazzi take a picture of your benching then?

He (conveniently) had to leave before that!

Snatches, clean and jerks and squats all at 44kg. Beyond ****e. I give up.

• Advertisement

Snatches, clean and jerks and squats all at 44kg. Beyond ****e. I give up.

Ah this'll cheer you up... (you seem to have me on a rodent roll)

1076635778_Chinchilla.jpg

You obviously didn't see Hank if you think that all of them are cute and fluffy.

This movie could just as easily been named 'Chinchillas'

token wrote: »
    You obviously didn't see Hank if you think that all of them are cute and fluffy.

This movie could just as easily been named 'Chinchillas'

:eek: Forgot all about that creepy movie, that one, Gremlins & Ghoulies always scared me as a child. I'm sure Hank is just misunderstood and has his moments, maybe.

Hank WAS misunderstood. That stare he used to give Token was just his chinchilla concern for Token's eating habits. He was saying "eat more or I'll stare at you in this menacing fashion". Funny how he never did it to anyone else.

No posties for daaays! Don't they have internet down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

No posties for daaays! Don't they have internet down there?

Go to sleep you.

Go to sleep you.

FINE Mr Voice of Reason but...

pot-kettle.jpg

I've retired from weightlifting.

Yeah who you trying to fool? Not the way I've seen your face light up when do weightlifting, even when you are having a fit. Drama queen now. --sent awkwardly from my phone in bed

No. I'm never never never lifting again. Until tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Monday 19th December 2011

Snatch: doubles at 45kg then up to 55kg for single, 57.5kg fx2
    Clean: up to 80kg for single, failed 82kg
    UL is great craic but for various reasons, I was pretty damn tired. Again good enough day for a **** day. I reckon I'm due a good days lifting soon though.

It's so soft.

:pac:

training is overrated anyway I wouldn't be bothered with it

Clean deadlifts and stupid squats. Bah, waste of sweat.

Squats and deadlifts. Quite enjoyed it and managed to get the 15kg bar into a rack position and overhead without the universe exploding. Still hurts a little but much better than it was. I'm starting a new programme in 2 weeks, hopefully the wrist will be a non issue by then.

Deadlifts and squats again. Did a few overhead squats with the bar and my wrist hurt a little during but was fine after. Slowly slowly creepy monkey. I could rant about how frustrating injury is but it could be worse so I'll just sit here quietly grumbling to myself. Sigh.

Deadlifts and squats again. Did a few overhead squats with the bar and my wrist hurt a little during but was fine after. Slowly slowly creepy monkey. I could rant about how frustrating injury is but it could be worse so I'll just sit here quietly grumbling to myself. Sigh.

Yeah we were all a bit pouty today. Gonna take your advice and lower the weight tomorrow for squats, besides I gots some major girly "muscle contractions" ;) going on. Gonna a be a bit more pouty tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Just adding in that wrist injuries are a pain in the balls. Two weeks on and I can just about start my car without pain.

Snatch pulls: up to 50kg for triples. Aiming to get the hips in as much as possible but they be stubborn and slow! At least my wrist can handle these now.
    Bsquats: up to 70kg for fives. Easy weight but I need to approach these with great caution. My hips didn't explode today anyway so will add another little bit next day and continue.
    Overhead pressed 15kg for 10 reps and wrist was grand.

Stretched.

Wrist seems a lot better today, still twinges with certain movements but I reckon another week and it should be almost back to normal. At least I can do pulls now which I couldn't do last week. I can just about manage the bar in the rack position and overhead but don't feel I can load it yet.

• Advertisement

Thursday 5th January 2012

Clean and jerk: 20kg! :)
    Snatch: 20kg for the best triples ever then a few crap snatch pulls.
    Front squat: up to 60kg for a few fives (arms crossed, I have no rack :( )
    Deadlifts: up to 100kg for a few fives.
    Ab work and stretching

So chuffed with the fact that I can snatch again without major pain. It may only be 20kg today but who knows, it could be 40kg by next week. Wouldn't that be nice?! :)

Front squat: up to 60kg for a few fives (arms crossed, I have no rack :( )

Jeez, you've only been dieting a week.

Oh yeah, I went to the physio today about my hip because it still hurts a bit during back squatting. He was impressed with the progress I've made with fixing my imbalances and movement issues. There's nothing tight or particularly weak there anymore. However, it still hurts. He reckons there's probably an issue with the joint itself; possibly some damaged cartilage.
    I have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon at the end of February so I'll have to wait until then to see what's what. Hopefully it's nothing major and in the meantime, I'm still okay with front squats and the squats involved in cleans and snatches (once wrist is back to normal). I miss back squats but it could be worse.

Jeez, you've only been dieting a week.

Can I borrow yours? ;)

Can I borrow yours? ;)

Er, they'd never fit.

Snatch complex (hang, full, pull): up to 30kg
    Fsquats (x arms): up to 65kg for a five
    Deadlifts: up to 100kg for a six
    Stretch

Grand day. Hips are feeling good and things are moving the way I want them to.

• Advertisement

Snatch complex (hang, full, pull): up to 30kg

You'll be catching up to me soon :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVjLpIoZbo

Just a video of some of my lifts during the week.

Fsquats: up to 67kg for sixes (arms x)
    Snatch pulls: up to 30kg for triples (superset)

Clean deadlift: up to 105kg for fives
    Snatch pulls: up to 30kg for triples (superset)

Stretched

Happy with today, everything is still pretty easy. I'm completely not used to doing more than three of anything so I've been taking it pretty easy. I'm still moving properly and I'm not really straining to get the fives done so it feels like time to start adding weight. Until the wrist is back to normal, I might as well make a bash of a general strength phase. I can't believe it's taken this long to heal, what a nuisance!

Snatch and snatch pulls: up to 30kg for an hour and I got one perfect rep. I'm very happy with that one perfect rep.
    Fsquats (still x arms): up to 75kg for a six; very chinese apparently
    Clean deadlifts: up to 105kg for a five and a six (wussed out of the 110kg)

Abs and stretching

Good enough day, despite the hissy fits.

fsquats, clean deadlifts, snatch pulls.... BOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!

Fsquats up to 65kg for a five, Clean deads up to 110kg for a (surprisingly easy) five, snatch pulls at 15kg till I lamped my hip so bad I just didn't want to breathe anymore then did a new ab circuit thing and stretched.

• Advertisement

Hurt my damn hand again just lifting a chair. I'm so completely emo that people are starting to mistake me for L!

don't touch anything (or anyone:p) anymore except for the bar. the novelty of my snatch being bigger than yours has worn off.

Haha! Too bad your advice didn't come on Wednesday evening when that damn chair was in my way!

Same workout as Token did yesterday but with more weight, sets, reps and quads.

Once upon a time, there was a princess and she wanted to be the most badass princess in the land but she had a curse on her wrist. She tried snatch pulls and squats but alas she was not getting any more badass. Then one day, another princess gave her a radioactive banana and the princess got magic powers and deadlifted 125kg for 5 reps. This didn't make the princess the most badass in the land but she was a little more badass than before and so she was happy. The end.

Once upon a time, there was a princess and she wanted to be the most badass princess in the land but she had a curse on her wrist. She tried snatch pulls and squats but alas she was not getting any more badass. Then one day, another princess gave her a radioactive banana and the princess got magic powers and deadlifted 125kg for 5 reps. This didn't make the princess the most badass in the land but she was a little more badass than before and so she was happy. The end.

My log is so boring, it may as well be a bedtime story!

Haha! If the Euro ever goes bust, Ms. Supp takes food instead of money for PT sessions. Thanks for looking at my squat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Think it's time for a new timing belt and headgasket.

I didn't get a chance to make it to the club since Wednesday so did a bit of interval circuits at home. I wasn't going for all out murder, I just wanted to get a glow on really. Probably best to avoid a barbell for a few days anyway; wrist has been feeling pretty good. I'd be tempted to do something stupid.

Thursday: 30s on, 30s off, 4 rounds, 12kg kb

Swings
    Split squats
    rdls

then rows and ab circuit (planks, swiss ball obliques, hanging leg raises, crunches) then stretching

Saturday: 30s on, 30s off, 4 rounds, 14kg db

double and single unders
    swings
    rdls

then played with more skipping and abs (planks, leg lowers, ab roll outs) then stretching

That was fun.

Probably best to avoid a barbell for a few days anyway; wrist has been feeling pretty good. I'd be tempted to do something stupid.

That was fun.

Yes please don't do anything stupid, k? And you might get another banana.

Glad you had some fun though & got your glow on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement