Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing a 4G signal out over WiFi - urgent

Options
  • 14-03-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I wonder if you can help, please!

To get a project out of a hole, I need to share out a Imagine 4G dongle connection over a wifi network.

This piece of hardware looks like it will do the trick - but it's out of stock! ps Pixmania are in stock, but can't guarantee delivery within 24h, looking for a brick and mortar place to buy.

http://www.dabs.ie/products/netgear-3g--4g-mobile-wireless-n-routr-7BYC.html

7byc_xlarge.jpg

Can anyone suggest a similar piece of kit please, or does anyone have one of those for sale? Need to get this sorted by Wednesday, ideally tomorrow.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

It won't work.
    As far as I know, there are no routers that support the Motorola USB stick that Imagine are supplying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried connecting the USB dongle to a computer. Enabling internet connection sharing and attaching a wireless AP to the computer's NIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks FSL - that's exactly what we tried and it's working well now. Appreciate the advice!

Advertisement