Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon 3G network

Options
  • 14-03-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting a K3, how long do we reckon Amazon will have the free 3G for? I dont wanna spring for the 3G version for it to only last a few months.

Comments

the 3g for downloading books will always be free. the internet-browsing aspect is not guaranteed - it's "experimental" - and could probably be withdrawn at any time. in any case the kindle is rubbish for internet-browsing / e-mail use - many sites don't work at all and it's very slow and just inadequate in general - have you actually tried to use one for this purpose...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I concur, if you're considering buying one as a general internet browser then I'd reconsider. You can get at news-type websites but even at that it's pretty cumbersome. If the money isn't a worry then obviously get the 3G, otherwise if the places that you usually are (say home and work) have wifi then I'd seriously consider not bothering. If you travel a lot I'd say it would be great and it may be worth extra consideration if you plan on buying newspaper subscriptions via Amazon.

Advertisement