Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a parade on Thursday?

• 14-03-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Does anyone know?
    If so, what time?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Where? Clare is a big county with many towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ennis is kicking off at 11 a.m. Don't know bout rest of Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I think that Shannon is at 3. There's one in Sixmilebridge as well. It's earlier. There were details for both in the Clare Courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Killaloe/Ballina St. Patrick's Day parade will take place on Thursday 17th March 2011. The parade will leave Ballina Riverside Park at 2pm and finish in the Green, Killaloe.

Tulla Sports and Social Club have announced that their St Patrick's Day Parade will be held on Thursday 17th March 2011.

The Parade starts at 4.30pm From O'Hallorans Petrol Station led by the Tulla Pipe Band.

The Kilrush 2011 St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes place on Thursday 17th March commencing at 3pm.

Ennis St Patrick's Parade will take place on Thursday 17th March from 11am to 2pm.

Shannon St Patrick's Parade will take place on Thursday 17th March at 1pm.

Scarriff St Patricks Parade will take place on Thursday 17th March at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Taceom wrote: »
    Where? Clare is a big county with many towns.
    Really:rolleyes:

Thanks MrsD007 and everyone else x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

While on the topic of Thursday...

Is anyone else going to the Burren Food Festival @ Glor? It is happening right after the parade. A mate of mine told me about it and said the one last year was class.

I checked the Glor website and it is listed. It makes you wonder why events like this are not properly advertised. Dozens of food vendors from all across the Burren in one spot showcasing their unique food...not one single poster, ad, or radio mention in the whole town that I am aware of...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I didn't know that was on, I was at the food festival in Lisdonnvarna last year and it was brilliant, got some fantastic coffee at it, I'll go for a look on Thursday. Glór is disgracefully under-advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

CptSternn wrote: »

Is anyone else going to the Burren Food Festival @ Glor? It is happening right after the parade. A mate of mine told me about it and said the one last year was class.

I checked the Glor website and it is listed. It makes you wonder why events like this are not properly advertised. Dozens of food vendors from all across the Burren in one spot showcasing their unique food...not one single poster, ad, or radio mention in the whole town that I am aware of...

It was listed on the clarefocus ezine, that's usually where I get all my info about whats on in clare (that and this board! ;)) mind you the same site never mentioned the parade :cool: Sounds yummy anyway, i'm definitely going.
    In the 3 years i've lived in Ennis i've never been to the parade :eek: - I plan on bringing the baby tomorrow though - I assume it passes down o'Connell st? Can anyone recommend best place to see the if you've got a buggy.... or maybe the places to avoid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

I would avoid O'Connell and Abbey St with a buggy, unless you are prepared to take out some ankles. The height (Parnell St side of square) is pretty good as it is raised a bit, and offers easy escape if you need it. Also, the reviewing platform is opposite you, so that is where groups put on a performance. Enjoy!

Excellent! Thank you very much:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Shannon St Patrick's Parade will take place on Thursday 17th March at 1pm.

It's assembling at 1 and starts at 2.

Sixmilebridge parade is at 12:30.

Thanks for the clarification 5h4mr0(k. I got my information from the AA Ireland Event's guide and I presumed that they were reliable. :(

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Event-Guide/St-Patricks-Festival-And-Parades/Shannon-St-Patricks-Parade.aspx

Was so looking forward to this, had to wait for family to come down from Dublin and by the time we got there (4pm) they'd packed up! :eek: Apparently things were so quiet they decided to close early :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya, we went in at the same time and they were half packed, was disappointed too :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Went to this event and it was really great - lovely buzz to it. Saw it mentioned in the glór brochure, on their facebook & twitter, posters about town, (really cute) flyers in shops, in both local papers and ads on Clare FM. How could you not have known?

BTW, thought the parade was really good this year. Marking out a bigger space for spectators on O'Connell Street made a big difference I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I went to Glor at about half three, and everything was over!!! All the stalls were packing up to go home.

It was advertised until 5pm! Waste of time!

maiden wrote: »
    I went to Glor at about half three, and everything was over!!! All the stalls were packing up to go home.

It was advertised until 5pm! Waste of time!
    I think that is extremely unfair and disrespectful to people who may have travelled a long distance. If I was travelling from Loop Head or Killaloe, I wouldn't be too impressed to find that stalls had closed an hour and a half early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 bannergirl

Fair points guys. I was there a little after 2 and I guess it was still in the swing of things. Do you reckon it might have been a victim of it's own success and they may have sold out of produce hence packing up??? Just a thought.

bannergirl when I got there (around 4pm) they'd completely left, I asked one of the girls at the ticket counter what happened and she said because things were 'quiet' they decided to pack up early - nothing about them running out of food :mad:

@Bannergirl -Dunno, I still had not seen or heard anything about it until a mate told me about it. I get both papers weekly and listen to the radio a couple times a week, guess I was just unlucky and missed all of their promo spots.

• Advertisement

They need to do something about the crowds. It was better this year, but if you didn't make it in @ 10:30 and got a spot next to the barriers then chances are you couldn't see the parade.

Someone suggested putting a large screen at the height for advertising, something like that would work wonders at the parade as well and reduce the crowd issues.

I made it to the food festival and picked up a few cheeses and chocolates made here in Clare. The floor layout was a balls though, everything was crowded and it was hard to move around I thought.

What was worse was all of the gawkers with buggies in large groups which were just standing around. It took 20 minutes to get from the entrance to the other side. People were fighting to get in and out, which led many to leave.

Maybe next year they will have it in the car park and give everyone a bit more space to wander about sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Its a pity about the food market, cause I go to as many as i can and spend a nice bit at them.

When I got there at half three they were packing up but they hadn't run out of produce! I could see the stuff in boxes.

Strange its so busy at 2pm and then deserted at 3.30pm, why did the vendors feck off I wonfer?

Advertisement