Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disable shutter sound permanently

• 15-03-2011 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

I dont' currently have an android phone but I heard the shutter sound is difficult to disable. is this true?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not unless you don't know how to use a phone. I have a Desire and it is pretty simple.

Open camera, press menu, go to settings, and untick the shutter sound checkbox. No drama there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Some new eu law says ya have to have the noise or some jazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Vego wrote: »
    Some new eu law says ya have to have the noise or some jazz

Really? I thought just Japan had that cause over there a girl can't sit down on a train without getting a NTT DoCoMoToTo phone shoved between her legs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

That was on my old SE phone but on Android you can turn the shutter sound off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just as easy on galaxy ace. Setting> shutter sound> none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Also putting the phone on silent does the same job. Handy for quick sneaky shots. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Advertisement