Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tb1

• 15-03-2011 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭

hey quick question my mate brought an iomaga tb1 external hard drive for putting movies on. when he connects it to the tv or the dvd player it dosent connect the hard drive yet if i plug it in mine it works. his tv is 47inch hd phillips only brought last month and mine is a 31inch phillips brought at christmas. any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

More than likely it doesn't support USB 2.0 or the filesystem you have on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

test both pc's with a flash drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

fairly certain its the filesystem format. most TV's (and xbox 360 and PS3 for that matter) only support FAT32. if its formatted to NTFS, you're going to have to reformat it to FAT32, and you will lose any data you leave on the HDD while doing this. also, you wont be able to put a file on a FAT32 volume thats bigger than 4gb. usually isnt a problem unless you're watching bluray iso movies or something?

Advertisement