Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Renting Camper & Penalty Points

• 15-03-2011 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi

I want to hire a camper van. However, one of their questions is "Have you committed a motoring offense in the last 5 years?" I have two penalty points for speeding from 2009. Does anyone know if that will disqualify me from renting a camper? I will disclose it to them when I rent the Camper, this is just a heads up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,479 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its an insurance question. I doubt it would disqualify you.

Having 6+ points, any form of in-court conviction or endorsement is a whole other matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dolphie

Thanks for that. I only have the two points and was never going to try and hide it. As I said...just a heads up.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Dolphie,
    2 penalty points certainly wont disqualify you from renting a campervan.
    The VERY worst I would expect is a 6 or 8 euro increase on your daily insurance charge.
    If you had a code I could tell you exactly what we would charge. Its possible there would be no extra charge atall.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Advertisement