Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Culture Creative (Acoustic /Folk)

Options
  • 15-03-2011 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey everyone,

I'm just after kicking off this band with a good friend of mine and I'd like to hear the critiques or the pearls of wisdom that Boards.ie might have to offer.

Here's our links:

Give the song a good listen through, the second half is my favourite!

Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/TheCultureCreative

Soundcloud; http://soundcloud.com/theculturecreative/murmurations

I guess we're a little bit confused about where to go next, I'm assuming the that the process for getting out there is relatively different for this type of music than for your typical alternative/indie act, but I've read plenty of those threads to get the general jist of it if it is. But what I'm asking is what are some good starter options? I've researched into maybe playing a few open mic nights, would anyone have any recommendations as to which ones to play, or which pubs host open music nights; maybe giving a bit of a longer set. What about those groups like Dublin Underground? Are they any use in approaching for this type of sound? Or any one/where in particular I should be talking to/sending music to?

Anyway if you just want to leave a few words on what you thought of the track, or if you might have anything even vaguely or sparsely educational on the above subject matter please don't hesitate to post! Any encouragement or support at this stage is really appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Partcik

Come on, someone has to have something to say about us!

Advertisement