Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VERY Slow Sync Speeds past few days

Options
  • 15-03-2011 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

For the past few days my internet connection has been only syncing at 1.3Mb or 1.7Mb. At the moment it is now 2.9 Mb but it is very very slow. I have a 2247 modem and the wireless range is very weak on it. I've tried to change the channels but it only works on channel 6. I've borrowed the neighbour's 2247 netopia and its range is fine in my house but the broadband speed also very slow using this other netopia. Can you advise what is happening? I've checked the netopia site and they said update the firmware and it is now on the latest version.

I've reset and restarted the modem a few times but not getting any better. Is this a modem issue?

Maybe my line is gone ngb and the modem doesn't work on it? Dooradoyle exchange it says enabled on the www.ngb.ie but not yet migrated. Can you please get back to me and I'll PM my details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

For the past few days my internet connection has been only syncing at 1.3Mb or 1.7Mb. At the moment it is now 2.9 Mb but it is very very slow. I have a 2247 modem and the wireless range is very weak on it. I've tried to change the channels but it only works on channel 6. I've borrowed the neighbour's 2247 netopia and its range is fine in my house but the broadband speed also very slow using this other netopia. Can you advise what is happening? I've checked the netopia site and they said update the firmware and it is now on the latest version.

I've reset and restarted the modem a few times but not getting any better. Is this a modem issue?

Maybe my line is gone ngb and the modem doesn't work on it? Dooradoyle exchange it says enabled on the www.ngb.ie but not yet migrated. Can you please get back to me and I'll PM my details.

Hi EurasianBadger,

Is the 2.9MB the average sync you generaly get? Has there been any changes to your set up? If you can PM me that info and your telephone number and I will check it out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Hi EurasianBadger,

Is the 2.9MB the average sync you generaly get? Has there been any changes to your set up? If you can PM me that info and your telephone number and I will check it out for you.

Thanks, Mark

sent mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Hi EurasianBadger,

Thanks, Mark

thanks Mark. I called in and got this sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thanks Mark. I called in and got this sorted

Hi EurasianBadger
    good to hear issue resolved. I will advise Mark.
    Let us know if you have any further issue.
    Tony

Advertisement