Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocksmith

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

padair wrote: »
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/10/12/rocksmith-delayed-in-europe/

The game will not support pal tvs. I was going to get my flat mate to get me this when he hits the states in a month. How can I find out if the game will work on my TV.?

You can, in the display options on the xbox check if you can set the xbox to 60hz and see if it works, most modern lcd /hdtv's will support this mode.

You just need to make sure the disc itself if region free. If it's region locked it won't work over here on a PAL console.

Edit: Just read the link , xbox is NOT region free, but ps3 is but DLC will not work if bought from EU store.
    I'd hold off for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

calex71 wrote: »
    You can, in the display options on the xbox check if you can set the xbox to 60hz and see if it works, most modern lcd /hdtv's will support this mode.

You just need to make sure the disc itself if region free. If it's region locked it won't work over here on a PAL console.

Edit: Just read the link , xbox is NOT region free, but ps3 is but DLC will not work if bought from EU store.
    I'd hold off for a few months.

Will this work on a PS3 if it region free? I have a US PS3 account but I do not buy much from it. Mostly its used for demos.

Will this work on a PS3 if it region free? I have a US PS3 account but I do not buy much from it. Mostly its used for demos.

I'm not a ps3 man so can only speculate, but it will only be an issue if you want dlc in which case you put points/credit on the us account and buy from that one. Don't know if they IP lock content or anything like that, for example on xbox the UK/US have last fm but I still can't access it with a US account as they use my IP address to check where I am from, DLC and region free games is usually ok though.

Maybe double check over in the PS3 forums as to how they do it, can't hurt.

So info on the European delay, if true Ubisoft are a bunch of idiots.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5908/rocksmith-delayed-in-europe.htm

So info on the European delay, if true Ubisoft are a bunch of idiots.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5908/rocksmith-delayed-in-europe.htm

I agree, I am sure they could come to a simple agreement or even change the name. "Rocksmit the Game"

• Advertisement

Took the gamble and I have ordered this game. Fingers crossed I will have the game in 8-9 days. I will keep you folks up to date with how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My copy arrived today.
    I'll admit 1 thing straight off the bat. It works and it works pretty well.
    Havent noticed any lag yet but I might as I get better (I cant play a guitar for sh!t which is part of the reason I got this. Put that thing Ive had for years to use :pac:)
    Menus and general interface are pretty plain and basic but it does come across as more tutorial then game. Dont expect crazy characters and being booed off the stage (although you do notice the crowd gets bored the worse you do)
    UI is very simple to understand. Each string is a different colour and a colour co-ordinated block for each string comes down the fret line. You even get a little sticker pack for your guitar neck indicating fret numbers.
    Havent tried any of the mini-games yet but I will tonight.
    Amp mode looks great for good players with loads of unlockable guitars/effects pedals.
    Great intro tutorial to show you through tuning and a quick tuner section before every song seems handy although may get repetitive.
    Loading times are a bit slow but not enough to get really irritating yet.

Any other questions ask away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Mini games look really good. Will have to try pick this up... or order in :p

How clean is the output sound in amp mode? I've seen iphone setups that did this pretty well and had Marshall amp effects and all but it really depended on the size and quality of the headphones or speakers used.

How clean is the output sound in amp mode? I've seen iphone setups that did this pretty well and had Marshall amp effects and all but it really depended on the size and quality of the headphones or speakers used.

I must have missed amp mode. What is amp mode? <runs off to google it>

• Advertisement

Seems clean enough. Not noticed any heavy distortion or lag but I also have fcuk all unlocked and cant play a thing so I could be completely wrong :pac:

I must have missed amp mode. What is amp mode? <runs off to google it>
    Basically free play. You can unlock loads of different guitars and effects pedals and this is just a way to play around with them all.
    Does what it says, turns your console into an amp. Although standing on the controller for an effects pedal might be a bad idea :pac:

Mega Chin wrote: »
    Seems clean enough. Not noticed any heavy distortion or lag but I also have fcuk all unlocked and cant play a thing so I could be completely wrong :pac:

Basically free play. You can unlock loads of different guitars and effects pedals and this is just a way to play around with them all.
    Does what it says, turns your console into an amp. Although standing on the controller for an effects pedal might be a bad idea :pac:

They are going to be releasing a pedal that can be plugged in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

This looks amazing. Reviews seem good. Pity about the delay :(

Good review here.
    http://ie.ign.com/videos/2011/10/21/rocksmith-video-review?objectid=103235

Seems like it would suit me. I have a guitar gathering (cause I can't play it for s**t) dust beside my desk :)

Copy arrived from Canada this morning. I like the way I did not have to pay any import duty with vidergames+. looking forward to getting out of work to go home and play it. Fingers crossed I have strings on my Guitar at home :-)

Played my first day on this and jeasus my fingers are sore. I am playing on a semi acoustic and the strings are a little high. THis guitar is probable not the best for getting down past the 12th fret or maybe that is just me. Looking good so far. I thought I knew a few things with the guitar but I can now confirm that I am a beginner :eek: ..

Now im back from holidays (and have a lot of Arkham City beaten) I can finally start playing this properly as of yesterday :D
    My hand hurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Rocksmith has gotten its Irish release date 14th of September.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/get-ready-to-rock-with-rocksmith/

Rocksmith has gotten its Irish release date 14th of September.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/get-ready-to-rock-with-rocksmith/

Shocking that they actually battled the legal action and wasted a year in getting this released here, can't find the links now but the EU version will have bonus songs. Who wants to bet they are by a band called Rocksmith :D

If they had simply given into this demand by the guy in the 1st place we would have had this last year !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Anyone know if this is still slated to be released next month? Is it true that there are issues with the PS3 version?

Anyone think bandfuse might be a better bet when it's released.

28th of September I think , not sure about issues, but given the length of time it's been out in the US surely any issues should have been ironed out by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Goto 01:20 of

and it seems there's lots of mini games that use the guitar as a controller to get you comfortable with using the guitar, and thus it'll then be easier to play the guitar.

So this could make it interesting for the guitar n00bs like myself.

=-=

There's a bass DLC out for it, and it seems from a quick look at the forums, PS3 users have some sort of problem with the DLC. I see HMV have a price of £65 for the PS3 and the XBOX360 versions, but no price tag for the PC version :(

Seeing as this is out next week, any special offers with preorders or what sort of pricing is it coming in at? Been looking forward to this for a while.

Actually haven't seen it promoted in any shop I've been in recently.

Actually gamestop.ie are showing it as 12/10/12 release and not next week as we were expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zieleczek

Actually gamestop.ie are showing it as 12/10/12 release and not next week as we were expecting.

They changed the date to 28.09.12, yeah :)

Got mine this week and got a fancy guitar for my birthday well 130 euro worth of fancy :D but its fine as im a total beginner. Took some lessons about 15 years ago but never got anywhere. First day with it i feel like i'm learning but i also feel like it will take a while to get to the I can play a song stage.

General views seems to be, as a total novice it's a great learning tool. As a game for a pro it's not a whole pile of fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

are there any tone settings on this does anybody know?,i'm a bit of a tone junkie and if there's no way to manipulate it,it might be the end of this game for me

Not messed around with it much but there is an amp section where you play what you want and add pedal effects to your sound. Is this the kind of thing you are after? The thing is unlike GH or rockband where you initiate a note that was pre recorded you actually play the notes in this so changing your settings on the guitar changes the sound coming through your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Does anyone know if any Dublin retailers are selling the version which includes a guitar? Amazon UK has that version for £129.99, and it's the one I'm interested in - unless the guitar is totally crap of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Got mine this week and got a fancy guitar for my birthday well 130 euro worth of fancy :D but its fine as im a total beginner. Took some lessons about 15 years ago but never got anywhere. First day with it i feel like i'm learning but i also feel like it will take a while to get to the I can play a song stage.

General views seems to be, as a total novice it's a great learning tool. As a game for a pro it's not a whole pile of fun.

Cool, I am a novice and wanted to learn for years but could never get around to going to lessons

Hoping this will give me a kick start
    ceejay wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any Dublin retailers are selling the version which includes a guitar? Amazon UK has that version for £129.99, and it's the one I'm interested in - unless the guitar is totally crap of course :)

Would be interested in knowing this too

*Edit*
    Looked up Amazon.com as it has been available there for a while, the reviews say that the game is great for learning how to play but to stay away from the guitar as it is rubbish and to spend a bit more buying a proper guitar for yourself

• Advertisement

If you're looking for a good value electric guitar it's hard to look past the Yamaha Pacifica. It's been recommended a few times on the instrument forum. I use a Fender Squier myself and find that grand aswell.

Advertisement