Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocksmith

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dewsbury wrote: »
    Thanks for help.

I just used ;
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com which checks if my laptop is up to the job.

I got a failure !
    See attached report.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.
    Doesn't look good :( The CPU and the graphics looks to be below min specs :( I'm taking it you don't have a PS3 or Xbox360?

You could try getting the demo, and seeing does it run, but I wouldn't have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Argos.ie - PS3/Xbox360 €60
    Smyths toys.ie - PS3/Xbox360 €70
    Xtra-vision.ie - Xbox360 €70
    Tesco.ie - can't search with without signing up, but I'll check next time I'm in the Maynooth store, but I doubt it.
    Gamestop.ie - PS3/Xbox360 €70 and for PC it's €54 Not sure if I have to pay extra for the Bass DLC, though :confused:
    Amazon.co.uk - PS3 £59.69 || Xbox360 £44.99 || PC £45.86

Going by XE.com, £45.86 is €53.86 so Gamestop may actually be the cheapest for the PC version!

Unless someone knows of somewhere else that is cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thanks for help.

I just used ;
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com which checks if my laptop is up to the job.

I got a failure !
    See attached report.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Your processor should be well up to the job! As for the graphics, looks like you've got onboard graphics... Is that the case? I remember that site didn't detect my graphics chip because it's one of those ones that only comes on if it's programmed to, and for browsing online that's not the case... I'd be hopeful tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Rocksmith for PC including the cable just dropped from 35 sterling to 19.99 on amazon. That's around the same or less than the cable on its own ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B007KGI9DC/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1362357310&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

Requires steam activation

No such luck with the console versions though

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tempting enough, might finally be time to pick this yoke up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Sorry to drag up an old thread but this was a game I was thinking of getting and then forgot about. I'm now looking at getting PC version but I notice in minimum specs on any sites it doesn't list XP which is the operating system my desktop pc has.

Anyone used it with XP? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Hi,

I did similar research about rocksmith and concluded that it would be risky to get it for an XP.

Bottom line is that I never bought it (for my 11 year old son)
    However, if we got a new PC I might yet buy it.

It would seem to be a very good "toy" for practising guitar.

Hi,

I did similar research about rocksmith and concluded that it would be risky to get it for an XP.

Bottom line is that I never bought it (for my 11 year old son)
    However, if we got a new PC I might yet buy it.

It would seem to be a very good "toy" for practising guitar.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not sure I would risk it on XP. Have read mixed opinions online.

It does seem very good. I have an electric guitar just gathering dust so I would like to give learning it a go again. I can always pick up Xbox 360 version. Its more expense but at least I know for sure it will work. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I got the first one, it's very good. There were a few minor annoyances which hopefully they fix up in the new one, mainly the way it made you test the tuning before each song (I tuned it 5 mintues ago, I'm pretty sure it's still ok), and the auto-adjusting difficulty level (kind of annoying when you'd just nailed a section, and then it would automatically increase in difficulty).

But the basic mechanics worked great, so if they fix those, the new one will be a fantastic game, I'll probably pick it up at some stage.

I'd be surprised if they didn't support Windows XP, still a lot of XP PCs around and it's not much different to Windows 7 from a development point of view.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I got the first one, it's very good. There were a few minor annoyances which hopefully they fix up in the new one, mainly the way it made you test the tuning before each song (I tuned it 5 mintues ago, I'm pretty sure it's still ok), and the auto-adjusting difficulty level (kind of annoying when you'd just nailed a section, and then it would automatically increase in difficulty).

But the basic mechanics worked great, so if they fix those, the new one will be a fantastic game, I'll probably pick it up at some stage.

I'd be surprised if they didn't support Windows XP, still a lot of XP PCs around and it's not much different to Windows 7 from a development point of view.

The upcoming release of the new one is what reminded me! I will pick up either or both depending on funds!

That's what I thought too regarding XP. It's still a widely used operating system and I don't see how that would make much difference if specs were correct.

You felt yourself progressing using this game? Not becoming a rock star, but just getting a few songs down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

been playing this for the last few days and i have to say ive hit the exact same problem i hit with the original. i'm not a guitarist, ive never had any lessons and ive never played before they sent me the first game. the claim that rocksmith 2014 edition is "the fastest way to learn guitar" doesn't feel remotely accurate to me. maybe i'm approaching things in the wrong way, but it's no good telling me which strings need to be held down at which fret - show me how im supposed to shape my hand. show me how, really slowly, i move from one chord to the other. show me exactly where the ideal spot for my finger is. explain to me how im supposed to contort my hand in a way that doesn't feel at all natural.

had the exact same issue in 2011 where it's great for a few hours, then it becomes impossible because there's absolutely no way for you to figure out how to do what they're telling you to

urgh

alas, i must persist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Does anyone know if the price in Gamestop includes the cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I think I'll start playing this. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Blitzkrieg bop is a good starting song.
    Play the guitarcade games.
    Tuning the first time can be a pain, make sure your guitar volume is up and switch your pickups to find out which ones work best.
    When things get a bit faster you need to be on the ball about muting strings to get the next chord detected.
    There is a big difference in the rhythm and lead sections for some songs, lead seems easier overall but rhythm starts easy but steps up in difficulty quite quickly.
    The riff repeater is great, use it lots, don't forget to turn on auto levelling so that it can speed stuff up for you.
    Apart from that just give it a lash!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I think I'll start playing this. Any tips?

YOU ALSO RUINED THE POOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

fenris wrote: »
    Blitzkrieg bop is a good starting song.
    Play the guitarcade games.
    Tuning the first time can be a pain, make sure your guitar volume is up and switch your pickups to find out which ones work best.
    When things get a bit faster you need to be on the ball about muting strings to get the next chord detected.
    There is a big difference in the rhythm and lead sections for some songs, lead seems easier overall but rhythm starts easy but steps up in difficulty quite quickly.
    The riff repeater is great, use it lots, don't forget to turn on auto levelling so that it can speed stuff up for you.
    Apart from that just give it a lash!

Do I start from the bottom up?
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    YOU ALSO RUINED THE POOL!!

THAT WAS IN THERE BEFORE I EVEN GOT THERE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Must resist, bottom / give it a lash comment!

Just tune up and get stuck in, fire up something simple like Blitzkrieg Bop or Paint it black then just follow the recommendations made by Rocksmith, then if you notice that takes your fancy like a different song, game or lesson just do it and the recommendations will change based on how you got on.

Just get stuck in its the best advice

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Just got this for the teenage daughter for christmas, she was delighted until we plugged it in and the cable was not working, I have to send the cable to Ubisoft for a replacement:mad:
    Anyone else have a problem with the cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Rocksmith 2014 PC edition now £14.99 on Amazon...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMJ1E5M/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

NOTE : Doesn't include cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Banjo wrote: »
    Rocksmith 2014 PC edition now £14.99 on Amazon...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMJ1E5M/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

NOTE : Doesn't include cable.

I bought it last month at full price, it's brilliant, they've done a great job on the interface, fixed pretty much all the flaws from the first version.

I see the 360 version is reduced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got it on go2games for pc for about 6 or 7 Euro, just the code no cable, but my ps3 cable works on pc too.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Anyone know if any shops here still sell the game and cable for XB1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Anyone know if any shops here still sell the game and cable for XB1?

I've owned Rocksmith 2014 for the 360, One and PC. For me, the slight lag on the Xbox One was a big let down.

I've found the PC version by far and away the best option, so I'd recommend that if you have a PC handy.

I've owned Rocksmith 2014 for the 360, One and PC. For me, the slight lag on the Xbox One was a big let down.

I've found the PC version by far and away the best option, so I'd recommend that if you have a PC handy.

How is it on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

How is it on 360?

It's fine on the 360, using the recommended audio out options.

But on the One, I couldn't dial out the lag. A lot of the reviews of the Xbox One version mentioned the same issue.

I find myself playing a lot more on the PC version. Maybe it's just me, but I just find it easier to fire up the PC version. Also, there's always sales on DLC tracks on Steam.

It's fine on the 360, using the recommended audio out options.

But on the One, I couldn't dial out the lag. A lot of the reviews of the Xbox One version mentioned the same issue.

I find myself playing a lot more on the PC version. Maybe it's just me, but I just find it easier to fire up the PC version. Also, there's always sales on DLC tracks on Steam.

Still have a 360. Might just get it on that. Cheers mate.

Advertisement