Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'04 Audi A4 break pad wear sensor

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question. Do I need to replace the pad wear sensors when changing the front brake pads?

Thanks in advance
    Neuro
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

If your brake sensors activated the lamp on your dashboard, they should be replaced with new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Thanks for that. I'll have to assume that Halfords would have them in stock. Anyone know how much Audi charge for OE ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Just get them in a proper motor factors. The sensors are only a few euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

On most modern VAG cars the sensor is built in to the pad itself.

AFAIK on the A4 the sensor is only on the front pads not on the rear. For the passat Dealer Front pads were about 90euro from memory. I would get decent Pagid pads from a motor factors thou the next time round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement