Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6/12mth wokring visa, accommodation ideas?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Howdy,

Just recently started thinking about going to Oz on a working visa. My plan had been to find a "proper" job before i go and rent an aprtment and just make the most and travel, see sites etc at the weekend.

Other half wants to go just travelling for 3mths, but were getting bit old for the hostel/backpacking lark so i had suggested renting an apt perhaps for a mth at a time in 3 different places and do everything in that surrounding area, then move on to another apt in another city, a month later. HImself isnt happy with this idea, as he says its silly to pay rent on an apt and then spend more money while staying in hotels etc when seeing sites.

anyone any alteratives for seeing Oz in approx 3mths with no hostels/backpacking??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Campervan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Why hotels??
    They are very expensive ... you can get private rooms in hostels.. why not them?

Not all hostels are backpacker party places, a lot are of high standards.

Advertisement