Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about signing on at the Welfare office...

Options
  • 15-03-2011 12:04pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have my first sign on date coming up in the next few weeks and since I've never done it before and heard stories, I just wanted to check something.

It says I should sign between 9 and 1, but I've heard there can be huge queues. How long do these things take? Its in Drogheda, by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I have queued with a friend a couple of times (early afternoon) and it took about 15-20 mins in a queue that stretched out onto the street. This was a couple of years ago, so it may have changed since then. I think early morning would be the quietest time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Best method is to get there 20 mins before they open up. You'll be the first in the door and first to get away.

Onesimus

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

You could start training by standing at a bus stop without a timetable , you might be lucky that in the first few minutes a bus will come along or you could be left waiting for as long as it takes .

One good tip would be and it's my experience . You get there early and you find a single queue outside... you then shuffle along only to find that there is in fact two queues inside the door ... One for the Smiths which is the biggest queue and one for the Jones which has only two or three people waiting .

on the positive side the big advantage of a queue is ..... A great place to network and to weigh up the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

shindig-jp wrote: »
    You could start training by standing at a bus stop without a timetable , you might be lucky that in the first few minutes a bus will come along or you could be left waiting for as long as it takes .

One good tip would be and it's my experience . You get there early and you find a single queue outside... you then shuffle along only to find that there is in fact two queues inside the door ... One for the Smiths which is the biggest queue and one for the Jones which has only two or three people waiting .

on the positive side the big advantage of a queue is ..... A great place to network and to weigh up the competition

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

shindig-jp wrote: »

Is there one for those with an Alias. :D

Alias Smith and Jones. 1970's
    Too young?
    Try here

• Advertisement
Advertisement