Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange set to be enabled - when?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been monitoring your broadbandatoz website since July of 2009, on the advise of your sales staff, in the hope that my nearby telephone exchange (Kilkishen, Co. Clare) will be enabled.

In 2009, your website listed it to be enabled by the end of 2009.
    All of 2010, it was still listed to be enabled, and it is now down to the last two in the county. Indeed, I was hopeful That Minister Eamon Ryans announcement in the summer of last year, concerning the eircom rollout of broadband to be completed by the end of 2010 would hold some water, but alas he appeared to have blown more smoke, just like many of his counterparts.
    I have tried calling your sales support team, but I keep on getting mixed reports, some saying they dont know the information whilst others giving roundabout dates that have since passed.
    With all of this in mind, would it be possible for you to find out if a schedule has been drawn up for these works to be completed? Secondly, what has happened that you are almost 2 years overdue on it?

Would appreciate any information you can give on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

bobmeaney wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been monitoring your broadbandatoz website since July of 2009, on the advise of your sales staff, in the hope that my nearby telephone exchange (Kilkishen, Co. Clare) will be enabled.

In 2009, your website listed it to be enabled by the end of 2009.
    All of 2010, it was still listed to be enabled, and it is now down to the last two in the county. Indeed, I was hopeful That Minister Eamon Ryans announcement in the summer of last year, concerning the eircom rollout of broadband to be completed by the end of 2010 would hold some water, but alas he appeared to have blown more smoke, just like many of his counterparts.
    I have tried calling your sales support team, but I keep on getting mixed reports, some saying they dont know the information whilst others giving roundabout dates that have since passed.
    With all of this in mind, would it be possible for you to find out if a schedule has been drawn up for these works to be completed? Secondly, what has happened that you are almost 2 years overdue on it?

Would appreciate any information you can give on this.

Hi bobmeaney,

I will look into this for you. Do you mind PM your telephone number as well please.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement