Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush St Patrick's Day Parade

Options
  • 14-03-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

This year the Parade will start as usual after 12 mass and go from the Milbank to The Square where St. Maurs Pipe Band will play some music.

There appears to plenty of activity planned with St. Maurs having their usual events and Rush National school haveing a massive fundraiser in the school grounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

There seems to be a bit of effort going into parade this year as tonight I saw a few floats being put together around the town.

Lets hope the weather is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Www.rushfightacademy.ie will be there for our 1st time, should be good craic.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

A huge thanks and congratulations to all who helped organise this years parade.
    We had a fantastic day and sincerely hope the spirit carries over into next year.

Well done, hope ye had a few frothy ones afterwards, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

As Neil Sedaka posted well done to all involved making today so much fun for all who got involved.

My only gripe with LeoB when his OP stated that the parade was starting in Milbank to the Square. I told other half that was were the parade was finishing she told me that she had been told that it was finishing at the harbour. But I convinced her that it was not so she goes up to watch it. So she was not impressed when it went by the the house on the way to the harbour. Been the hero I am I told her it was your fault Leo that she had to walk up the town to watch the parade, when it went by our front door. To add insult to injury I did not go up with her I was sitting in house having a nice hot coffee when it went by the door. Just giving you the heads up as she told me she would say it to you. LOL;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

A huge thanks and congratulations to all who helped organise this years parade.
    We had a fantastic day and sincerely hope the spirit carries over into next year.

Well done, hope ye had a few frothy ones afterwards, well deserved.

Excellent effort from all. Great day and a great crowd.
    We had a fantastic day and sincerely hope the spirit carries over into next year..

This spirit needs to continue when the Tidy Towns put up posters looking for help.

meolwan wrote: »
    As Neil Sedaka posted well done to all involved making today so much fun for all who got involved.

My only gripe with LeoB when his OP stated that the parade was starting in Milbank to the Square. I told other half that was were the parade was finishing she told me that she had been told that it was finishing at the harbour. But I convinced her that it was not so she goes up to watch it. So she was not impressed when it went by the the house on the way to the harbour. Been the hero I am I told her it was your fault Leo that she had to walk up the town to watch the parade, when it went by our front door. To add insult to injury I did not go up with her I was sitting in house having a nice hot coffee when it went by the door. Just giving you the heads up as she told me she would say it to you. LOL;);)

Oh FCK. I only heard it was going to the park when I arrived up at the Millbank.
    I was delighted it went to the park. There is far more space and more people could hear the band playing. There was also a little trad group playing in the park who were excellent.

A few pics from today.
    Dr Phil could not make it so he sent his nurse!!!
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5537433822_fd5557d973.jpg[/EMAIL]">

The lad who drives this car is 6ft 10ins tall!!!
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5537437722_6d4f71de01.jpg[/EMAIL]">

This little man had to many "fizzy" drinks
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5536857547_e6e8f018da.jpg[/EMAIL]">

For Oige and Rush Credit Union float with mascots
    [EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]5537440834_bd275451ee.jpg[/EMAIL]">

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ichiban

Some photos of what was a wonderful funfair at the national school on St Patrick's Day posted here http://rushnspac.wordpress.com/

Advertisement