Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother 3

Options
  • 15-03-2011 1:19pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else played the fan translation of this game? It's probably the best game I've ever played. It's the sequel to Earthbound on the SNES (a JRPG that really every fan should play). I would recommend playing Earthbound before starting it. It looks amazing, has great music, wonderful battle system that gets quite tough towards the end, really funny but also is probably the saddest game I've ever played. Wonderful stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Planning on playing through the entire series at some stage. Not sure yet if I'm gonna play mother one the whole way through yet though. I have a easy mode patch for it though so I'll probably be able to blow through it quickly enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mother 1 has aged quite badly. Easy mode patch is recommended, I played the normal game and I had to do a crazy amount of levelling up every time I entered a new area and the last two sections are filled with random encounters with enemies that are far harder than even the last boss. The last section I just basically ran from every fight. A walkthrough is recommended as well as there's somethings you can miss that are essential to beating the game and it will save you backtracking.

Earthbound is when the series gets good and it's a superb game, probably the best 16-bit RPG made. Mother 3 is just amazing and I think it's my new favourite game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sorry I know it's 4 years old but no point starting a new one when it's here already.

I got a gba cart of Mother 3 there and started it today on my micro. Love it so far! Love the little fights an all. Played Earthbound on the VC when it came out and class it as one of my favourite games.

Wonder if Ninty will ever make a trilogy for the 3ds or WiiU. Or maybe even a new Earthbound for the west would be amazing.

Anyway, anyone else played through Mother 3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played through it and it's easily one of my all time favourites. Wonderful battle system, great characters, amazing writing throughout and such a great pay off when it's all over. Anyone that hasn't played it is really missing out.

Mother 3 was mentioned at the last E3 by Nintendo.. As a bit of a joke but maybe we might see it on virtual console, nintendo are desperate the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    the fan translation of this game

Learn Japanese you filthy casual!

• Advertisement
Advertisement