Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ HD

• 15-03-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Hi:

I am looking for info regarding the Sky+ HD Box, and what is on offer from Sky presently.

I was approached by a rep in our local Shopping Centre about taking out a sub for this.

I am already a Sky subscriber, on what was called the "Irish Package" from about 6 years ago, with a Standard Pace Box from that time.

This costs me €33 p/mth.

She said I could get the new box for a €49 installation charge, but would have to take the HD package for the PVR functionality at an additional monthly charge??

I don't believe this, about the PVR functions on the Sky+ HD?

Now, I would be happy with just this box, and the FTA HD channels, if I could also have the additional PVR functions.

I already have another Box which I use for the FTA channels in another location in my house, with an additional feed from a Quad LNB.

For the Sky+ I think I would need another feed from the LNB?

Presumably the Quad is adequate for this?

Sorry if this query has strayed all over the place, but I suppose what I am saying is that I don't really want to have to pay an additional monthly fee fro HD, but I am prepared to pay for the installation of the Sky+ HD Box.

If anything, I am thinking of dropping the Music and Children's to save money, as I am now retired.

Can I ask for the opinions and advice of the Board on the above?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Upgrade to Sky+ with HD is €30 but bill increases by €15 p.m for HD pack.

Without HD pack the box costs €169.

Doing the "cancel and sign up again under new name" routine gets you the Sky+ box for €49 with €30 install and a free month plus you don't have to take the HD sub to get it cheap.

Some retailers can offer the box for less,best go through an independent to get a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Thanks kerks, will follow up on your info ;)

Just another ceist.

We also use an AV sender/receiver to watch Sky in our kitchen, connected via SCART.

This also has an IR attached to change Channels on the Sky Box remotely, from the kitchen.

Would this work with the Sky + HD box.

Not looking for HD, but is there a SCART to connect the AV sender?

Will the IR work to change Channels on the Sky+ Box?

gentle bump :)
    Thanks kerks, will follow up on your info ;)

Just another ceist.

We also use an AV sender/receiver to watch Sky in our kitchen, connected via SCART.

This also has an IR attached to change Channels on the Sky Box remotely, from the kitchen.

Would this work with the Sky + HD box.

Not looking for HD, but is there a SCART to connect the AV sender?

Will the IR work to change Channels on the Sky+ Box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

Yes to all

Willby wrote: »
    Yes to all

Thank you, a chara. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement