Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin/Waste Charges

Options
  • 15-03-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭

Hello all..

Am currently with Panda but their service has been disappointing. I am on the fringe of DLRD CC. Anybody know what other providers are out there and how their charges compare?. Tx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Greenstar in DLR are cheaper than Panda.

http://www.greenstardlr.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

How have Panda been disappointing?

To keep your costs down, get rid of your brown bin - the amount of lifts you could get out of the black bin for the same price more than justifies this

then either get you black bin lifted every week if the weight is going to be less than 5KG (no lift charge) or pack it down tight and only get it lifted when you really have to..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

homer911 wrote: »

To keep your costs down, get rid of your brown bin - the amount of lifts you could get out of the black bin for the same price more than justifies this
    Are you sure about this advice? Surely it depends how much brown waste you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

YEARLY SERVICES GREENSTAR PANDA
    Annual Charge €56 €64
    Refuse pay per lift €2.80 €3.20
    Pay per Kg €0.215 €0.20

Not sure if Panda charge to collect the brown and Green bins?

I notice on the Greenstar SIte they say panda charge 64.00 euro per year. In fact in FIngal its 110 per year !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Hello all..

Am currently with Panda but their service has been disappointing. I am on the fringe of DLRD CC. Anybody know what other providers are out there and how their charges compare?. Tx in advance.

I find Panda excellent. I dont use the brown bin but their green bin is free and they are reliable at least in my area. The only problem I have with them is when I am late paying my bill and they dont collect! But thats my fault and it means that everyone pays....not like when DLR council ran the service..

• Advertisement
Advertisement