Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence - cat a gone

• 15-03-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi!

I got my provisional licence back in 2005, and I got the following categories: A1, B, M, and W.

Last year, in 2010 I got my full B licence, and when I got it I've noticed that my A1 is no longer there... Does that mean i can't get a bike??

I want to get a bike, 125cc...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You don't get cat. A1 on your full licence until you pass the test :)

Apply for a brand new learner permit in category A, don't waste your time with cat. A1.

You can't drive a bike until you have this.

If you want category A1, you can ask the tax office for a replacement licence (your previous provisional is probably still valid).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

I am not 100% about the lenght of time a provional is valid for but I have 3 years in my head.

You might want to put in a call to tax office and see if you can get your provisional reissued for the bike. I think the provisional is for 3 years and if that's the case you might still be within the period of your 2 nd one.

You will not get a third provisional unless you have applied for the driving test but if you apply you will get a 1 year one once you have proof of the test date, get some lessons and then do the test when you have some miles logged. it should take a few months for a test slot.

This isn't going to be nice but the big thing for you will be timing as if you went to a 2nd provisional before your full test and that one didn't have the bike then 5 years may have elapsed and it's theory test and basic training I am afraid.

Advertisement