Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanbia Avanmore Super Milk

Options
  • 15-03-2011 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Glanbia recently reduced the size of their supermilk 2 litre range to 1.75 litres. As a result you would expect retailers to reduce the price pro rata, right?

I know Dunnes Stores have reduced the price to 1.99.
    However the Tesco price has remained 2.29 for the 1.75L, the same price as the now discontinued 2L.

I have emailed Tesco (customer.services@tesco.co.uk) and Glanbia (milk@glanbia.ie) to complain.

Has anyone else noticed what their retailers are charging now?

I must add Glanbia do have a statement on the new 1.75L pack which reads:
    "The recommended retail price for a 1.75L pack is based on the recommended retail price for a 2L pack and a pro rata reduction in volume. Retailers can set their own prices as in accordance with law"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's nothing to do with Glanbia. If you don't like the Tesco price, take your business elsewhere. A letter or e-mail to a company as large as Tesco about the price of milk isn't going to get far up the line, just move your business.

Don't waste your time with some junior clerk who will write you a generic boilerplate reply which will thank you for your feedback and assure you of their understanding for your concerns, i.e. PFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its 1.99 in our Tesco (Greystones) - being fairly cynical about Tesco I was surprised that they'd got this right (also Tesco jacked up the price of their own-brand supermilk at the same time for some reason).

I'd imagine this is a local mistake - contact the store manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just how 'Super' is this milk?

I pay €1.15 for 2litres of milk locally - couldn't imagine ever paying €2 for 1.75l.

Advertisement