Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + android App Question?

• 15-03-2011 3:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

To use the sky+ android app on a smart phone, I take it I need to have my Skybox plugged into my landline?

or is it done by some other kind of digital voodoo when I set a programme to record from my smart phone?;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Hi,

To use the sky+ android app on a smart phone, I take it I need to have my Skybox plugged into my landline?

or is it done by some other kind of digital voodoo when I set a programme to record from my smart phone?;)

The sky box doesn't need to be plugged into the landline for this to work.
    I use the app and my sky box isn't plugged into my landline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

So it's voodooo then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

well you can enter in pins to make it do things
    and you end up selling your soul to Rupert Murdoch who turns you into a late night zombie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

MidlandsM wrote: »
    So it's voodooo then?
    basically, sky send a signal from the main datacenter to the satellite with details of the request, your box receives this through the dish, as as it receives epg, or card expiry updates. Your box then enters program to the record list.

If you have a phone line connected, you'll get a message if a recording can't be set or something. But works fine for me, and my sky+ hd box has never had phone line attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

It is nice feature. I can sit in front of the TV with the EPG on and hit record on my Desire HD and a second or two later I can see the record icon appear on the EPG (I have no landline). You can only do programs 15 mins or so in the future though (I think the app says it has to be more but I have managed to record something 15 mins ahead)

• Advertisement
Advertisement