Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement Regarding Recent Modding

• 15-03-2011 4:32pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed a lot of padlocks on threads at the moment as well as the deleting of another thread regarding the potential opening of a new business in Ennis, I thought I'd let you know my reasoning behind my decisions.

Locking of Boundry Extension Thread
    This was a very old thread, as per long standing boards practice, the thread has been closed.

Locking of Winners/Looser Thread
    The election is over, there is nothing to be added to it, to be honest the election period was a very difficult time to be a mod as there was a lot of "heated" debate going on.

Deletion of New Business Thread
    In regards to the thread about a new business opening in the old 2 Euro Shop (Moran's) in Ennis, there has been a lot of speculation in regards to the legitimacy of this speculation and whether another business has been caught out. I have asked for the admins of boards to advice how to best proceed with this thread, I have also had PMs from a number of sources in regards to it, with this in mind I have deleted it but I can restore it if need be.

I don't want you think that I'm being overly heavy handed with any of my decisions, they are my reasons for each of the decisions, if you've any problems you can PM me or raise a dispute thread on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Harsh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Ah Yurt, Clareman in fairness to him is a very decent mod with a sense of humour, he has been made welcome in the Limerick forum

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Cheers Kilburn, what are you looking for? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Nothing yet but be warned !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 breeann

How childish are these guys?? who posted about this business opening in Ennis for a bet!!! cop on guys !!!! we are in a recession for God sake !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 breeann

Cheers Clareman keep up the good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I appreciate the information posted, so thank you.

Even if I might disagree with the decisions, it is valuable to know the reasoning behind them.

regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Good man Clareman. Keep up the good work, thanks.

Advertisement