Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tesco Express in Celbridge?

Options
  • 15-03-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭

A bloke I know who lives in Primrose Gate told me they're building a Tesco Express in the vacant shops on the ground floor of one of the apartment blocks, anyone else heard this?
    Would be handy for not going over the bridge into traffic, if you're a Hatch-sider like me :D
    Always the risk of it becoming another young people's gathering point of course...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

i heard off a friend that works 4 tesco were opening up an express that way all right but she was unable to tell me where it was

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

It seems true. However, Head office don't seem to know anything about it. Strange. I emailed last week inquiring about it, but they came back saying they had no info about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gohairithe

There's no need for one!! Boo hiss boo...open a Dunnes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Carey9

There is definatly a new store opening on the Hazel Hatch road, theres a sign up in tesco Celbridge advertiseing it!!!:)

• Advertisement

this is going to be great!! It's supposed to open on 25th April so not long to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Hmm...seems a bit strange to me that they would open a second store in celbridge (i'm not disputing they are btw)

While the current store isnt big enough (mainly because they insist on selling everything other than food :( ), i'm not sure adding an tesco express will improve the range they have!

i'd much rather somebody like superquinn or dunnes came in there(or even spar!)

more tescofication of ireland :mad:

As far as I know, it was Spar (or maybe Centra) that were going in there origionally. But they pulled out at the last minute. The place is supposedly kitted out with shelving etc, tesco just putting final touches now as they found an opening for a well needed business! I do agree though, Dunnes or even supervalu would have be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Yeah it was going to be centra when it was first built, a cardboard sign was up for ages. The floor space probably isnt enough for Dunnes to venture in, its only "convenience" store sized & the Tesco express will be that same idea, slightly more limited range & ever so slightly more pricey than normal Tesco. Just like the ones in Rathcoole or outskirts of Athlone

I live in Clane, and the Tesco express here is super. And certainly not over priced from any other Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

w@ll3gurl wrote: »
    Yeah it was going to be centra when it was first built, a cardboard sign was up for ages. The floor space probably isnt enough for Dunnes to venture in, its only "convenience" store sized & the Tesco express will be that same idea, slightly more limited range & ever so slightly more pricey than normal Tesco. Just like the ones in Rathcoole or outskirts of Athlone

from what i remember at the time spar/centra only wanted half the floor space and they were told its all or none of it :confused:

the main celbridge tesco store is dredfull,i live near it and still go to the 1 in maynooth,i blame managment in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Stealthirl wrote: »
    the main celbridge tesco store is dredfull,i live near it and still go to the 1 in maynooth

Huge number of people from celbridge do the same. Tis a bit mad that celbridge doesn't get it's act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

+1, Tesco Celbridge is a joke alright, MUCH prefer Maynooth, better stock levels, nicer staff, cleaner, more space, more special offers - some products are available there that the Celbridge branch doesn't even sell!?! The management in Celbridge are a joke, they don't seem to care, they are obviously making just enough money for head office not to really care that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

Has anybody heard anything about jobs for this tesco express? If its due to open on April 25th, I would presume they should be hiring around about now, yet can't seem to find anything online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 celbridge74

There were leaflets with details available in the Celbridge store the other day.

Damn, seemed to have missed them, hopefully they still have leaflets instore. Could anyone pass on any phone number or e-mail address for them if they have the leaflet.?

Hi Ellie, Just pop into the customer service desk in the big Tesco and give them your CV. they are sorting out the applications for the express store.

Brilliant, Cheers ChewChew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

as far as i no you hand to hand in application form to head office in baggot street last friday. I was speaking to there head office as there was a number underneath the staff wanted sign and this was what she told me but hopefully your lucky though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

my mate who works for tesco had a post up on facebook last week looking for staff,id say contact head office.no harm trying

to late didant see the above posts:o

• Advertisement

Went up to the main tesco today and was told interviews were already being held all week so applications are now closed. Ohwell, no harm in trying, back on the job hunt again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cgeragh4

I dropped a cv into Tesco Celbridge a month or two ago not knowing if there were openings or not. Just by chance there were. Got through the interview and got offered the job. I was told by a manager that some staff from the main Tesco store were moving to the new Hazelhatch store so me and the other people being hired would be their replacements. So there definitely is a new store opening in Hazelhatch in the next few weeks as Tesco themselves told me. There may still be jobs available in the new Tesco though so I'd say check with the main store Celbridge store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cgeragh4

My bad I missed your comment above before I replied. Good luck on the job hunt. You'll ge one eventually. I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

cgeragh4 wrote: »
    .... was told by a manager that some staff from the main Tesco store were moving to the new Hazelhatch ...
    Brilliant, now the new store will be a miss-managed s4it hole too.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Princess02

I live in st wolstan abbey i find the tesco xpress very handy for me walking distance from my place. if i need small bits and pieces i don't have very far to go as i don't drive. Tesco express really help. I can't really complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement