Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 New jobs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Thankfully looks to be another games company opening a support center here. From their website looks like they are not a part of the EA group, could be wrong tho! The people who made Dragon Age II (bioware/EA) and Oblivion/Fallout series (Bethsheda/zenimax) who'd have guessed being into RPG's could stand to you in an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Marko_Polo

ZeniMax is not under the umbrella of EA....great news for Galway and people looking for a career in tech support :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Fantastic news for Galway, with two major game producing/publishing ompanies now arriving to Galway, This sure may encourage more computer game companies to come.

Presuming since it was just annoucened today it will be a while for the comapny to properly set up shop, as in EA was annoucened over a year ago, and they are just starting to hire!

Columc wrote: »
    Fantastic news for Galway, with two major game producing/publishing ompanies now arriving to Galway, This sure may encourage more computer game companies to come.

Presuming since it was just annoucened today it will be a while for the comapny to properly set up shop, as in EA was annoucened over a year ago, and they are just starting to hire!
    I did spot a person in a bioware tshirt earlier today.

Great news for Galway - I might have to consider re-training.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I'm finished college in about 2 months. Things are looking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Well from the looks of the bioware part, that is mainly customer service, and presuming its for their new online game of star wars. Generally any call center, knoweldge in tech and games will get you the job etc, but unsure... have looked at the recruitments and they seem to ether be hiring NOC experiance staff that have a lot past work or customer service

For ZeniMax they have a new game on the way, so unsure what roles and positions they may be hiring. but all in all its great news for galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Marko_Polo

DON'T GET PIGEONHOLED, if you are finised up a CS course in college and programming is what you want to do, do it :D There are plenty of companies large and small that will take on college grads in developer roles! I would advise to steer clear of support centre jobs. You do little to no programming in these jobs and you will soon start to lose your sharpness and desire....then you get labled and a tech support guy and that doesnt look good on a cv IMHO

Advertisement