Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo printing cost (not online co.)

• 15-03-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi! I'm looking for a low cost printing service for about 80-100 digital pics? I had intended to order online (like Aldiphotos) but have now run out of time to do this. So would the likes of Harvey Norman be reasonable? Preferably in Limerick/Clare. Also the quality of printing would not need to be spectacular, as they are additions for a project, with no extra marks for my photography :D. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grif04

Henrib wrote: »
    Hi! I'm looking for a low cost printing service for about 80-100 digital pics? I had intended to order online (like Aldiphotos) but have now run out of time to do this. So would the likes of Harvey Norman be reasonable? Preferably in Limerick/Clare. Also the quality of printing would not need to be spectacular, as they are additions for a project, with no extra marks for my photography :D. Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Harvey Normans are pretty cheap as far as i know, although their larger print qualities from what ive seen are pretty undesireable.

Id recommend a local lab printer to get good quality, especially a chemist chain who clearly put money into their lab.

If you want spectacular prints, go to a professional printer. The type of paper would have a large part to do with the outcome of the final print and labs dont offer it.

If its just for a project, depending on the amount of money you want to spend, going to a lab would probably be your best bet. They will do them in an hour rather then waiting for some online order. Plus if you go there often enough im sure they will start giving you discounts of some sort such as a student discount.

I use Sam MaCauleys here at my local from time to time but go to a professional printer for more important prints. Basically. Just go to a lab.

Oh and if you are using a machine to upload and print them at a lab, make sure its not automatically cropping the images as paper sizes versus the digital file are different sizes completely. I.e. if you are printing 5x7's for your project, the actual digital file isnt going to fit within the 5x7 paper, you need to cancel the crop or resize them appropriately before going to the lab.

Advertisement