Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Wireless alarm

Options
  • 15-03-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Guys got a hkc wireless alarm system today and am trying to set it up on the kitchen table just so i know it works and understand it. I have setup 4 devices and found them and identified them as points. Cant seem to put them into zones tho, cant map them or something it says. Also my Internal bell is not sounding but the strobe is flashing when i do a walk test,

Any ides or help would be great

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Guys got a hkc wireless alarm system today and am trying to set it up on the kitchen table just so i know it works and understand it. I have setup 4 devices and found them and identified them as points. Cant seem to put them into zones tho, cant map them or something it says. Also my Internal bell is not sounding but the strobe is flashing when i do a walk test,

Any ides or help would be great

Cheers...

You will get more devices on to the system using the points. If you want to add them to zones go into the zone menu, zone hardware and change the zone to RF zone. Delete all the sensors then into devices menu to add RF zone.

The internal bell should be connected in the top left side of the panel, internal bell. Make sure you have the + and - in the right way around in here and in the internal bell.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

yeah i have the + and - connected correctly. There is an echo terminal in the internal sounder and i have nothing connected into that. Would that be the cause of it?

Thanx

yeah i have the + and - connected correctly. There is an echo terminal in the internal sounder and i have nothing connected into that. Would that be the cause of it?

Thanx

When you say you have nothing connected into that, is it a wire free echo ?

no its not a wireless echo. i have it hard wired. Red and black in + and - and then blue and white in the tamper terminal and i then have these goin into tamper on zone 5. There is then a spare terminal called echo in the sounder that i dont have anything connected into. Should i have anything connected into it or should it sound anyway. Also when i open the cover on the internal sounder or on any device the tamper triggers on the keypad but the strobe does not flash on the internal sounder the way it does when an alarm is activated? Is that a setting that needs changing?

Cheers...

no its not a wireless echo. i have it hard wired. Red and black in + and - and then blue and white in the tamper terminal and i then have these goin into tamper on zone 5. There is then a spare terminal called echo in the sounder that i dont have anything connected into. Should i have anything connected into it or should it sound anyway. Also when i open the cover on the internal sounder or on any device the tamper triggers on the keypad but the strobe does not flash on the internal sounder the way it does when an alarm is activated? Is that a setting that needs changing?

Cheers...

Thats because the alarm is set up for EN50131 which means the sirens wont activate for a local alarm between certain times. The only way around this is to default the alarm to a different standard.

If you can post a picture of the echo you have it might make it easier to help. The standard echo has + - and tamper.

• Advertisement

could i set the time to a different time would that trick the panel into setting off the internal sounder just for test purposes? What are the times that the panel is set not to sound the internal sounder. I have attached a pic, there are 5 terminal... 2 tamper, echo and strobe + and -

When the alarm is unset and i remove a device cover the internal strobe does not flash but registers a tamper on the keypad, but does when the alarm is armed?? Any reason 4 that?

Thanx

could i set the time to a different time would that trick the panel into setting off the internal sounder just for test purposes? What are the times that the panel is set not to sound the internal sounder. I have attached a pic, there are 5 terminal... 2 tamper, echo and strobe + and -

When the alarm is unset and i remove a device cover the internal strobe does not flash but registers a tamper on the keypad, but does when the alarm is armed?? Any reason 4 that?

Thanx

0#9 on the keypad is a bell test. What type of echo is that in the picture ?

it doesnt say on the sounder or the box its a hkc secure watch echo/echo flash. i uploaded a pic of the box... when i press 0 hash 9 the strobe flashes but no sound....

As far as I can remember you need a link off the internal - to the echo -

fair play to ya i put a link in between the neg of the strobe to the echo terminal in the bell and it now makes noise, alot of noise...
    Can ya tell me what i need to do to make the internal sounder to sound when i open a tamper on a device. At the moment it just flashes alarm on the keypad and beeps on the keypad

thanx again for your help

• Advertisement

Your welcome,

The only way is to go into the service menu, yes, default menu, yes, default panel, yes, scroll to std.199 default, yes.
    This will do it for you.

again fair play to ya, did that and now the tamper activates the internal sounder, feel more confident now about putting it in

Again thanx a million for all your time and help...

All easy when you know how :D

You will get all the tech support you need here if any when installing the alarm but by the sounds of it your well on your way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi folks,
    I am looking at upgrading my old alarm (Scopetronics) and am interested in doing it myself if I can. I`m an engineer myself mec/elec and have a fair bit of experience of plc`s ect. What I need to ask is....which panels/sensor systems are the best and most reliable.

I want to avoid nuisance tripping, yet want a system which works effectively and is reasonably easy to work with from an installation perspective.I priced an HKC 10-70 today with wireless pir detectors, and an external siren/strobe and the price is reasonable.

What do you folks recommend ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For Hybrid Systems take a look at SigNET and HKC Securewave.
    For fully wireless look at Visonic Powermax & also the forthcoming HKC Quantum 70.
    They are all as reliable as each other. False alarms are more down to poor installation rather than equipment used.

Walker34 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I am looking at upgrading my old alarm (Scopetronics) and am interested in doing it myself if I can. I`m an engineer myself mec/elec and have a fair bit of experience of plc`s ect. What I need to ask is....which panels/sensor systems are the best and most reliable.

I want to avoid nuisance tripping, yet want a system which works effectively and is reasonably easy to work with from an installation perspective.I priced an HKC 10-70 today with wireless pir detectors, and an external siren/strobe and the price is reasonable.

What do you folks recommend ?

If you install the Securewave panel it will be a straight swap with the zones wired alarm and tamper. If it has any faults on the zones you should test the zone in question as this may still activate the alarm as your not getting rid of the faulty sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 icejoey

Hi guys

I have wired up a hkc alarm to my house. I have wiring up front door to separte zone with no problem.

But when I link 3 contact sensors for the windows and do a walk true test the windows are shown as ok every when they are open. Can any one help

Thanks

icejoey wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have wired up a hkc alarm to my house. I have wiring up front door to separte zone with no problem.

But when I link 3 contact sensors for the windows and do a walk true test the windows are shown as ok every when they are open. Can any one help

Thanks

What type sensors are you connecting, can you post a picture of the sensors plus give us an example of the way you have them wired ?

Sorry I mention the are contact window/door sensors

Sorry I mention the are contact window/door sensors

Do you mean inertia/shock sensors, or just contacts that show openings on the window ?

• Advertisement

Just the cheap contacts that show when window is open

I have separate wire going from front door and works fine but when I link 2 or 3 together the alarm does not register when the window is opened

Just the cheap contacts that show when window is open

I have separate wire going from front door and works fine but when I link 2 or 3 together the alarm does not register when the window is opened

They need to be wired in series to work, some wire could be crossed as the zone is showing closed. Put the zone in walk test and start with the sensor closest to the panel to sort out the wiring. If you can discribe the way you have it done I will try my best to help.

Im not sure what you mean in series.

I have in

Zone 1 the front door contacts Red + Black

Zone 2 Downstairs Windows 4 joined together red+black ( not working when opened)

Zone 3 back door contacts Red + Black

Zone 4 Pir Hall Works perfect

Zone 5 Pir Landing Works perfect

Zone 6 Upstairs windows 4 joined together red+black ( not working when opened)

hope you can make this out

Im not sure what you mean in series.

I have in

Zone 1 the front door contacts Red + Black

Zone 2 Downstairs Windows 4 joined together red+black ( not working when opened)

Zone 3 back door contacts Red + Black

Zone 4 Pir Hall Works perfect

Zone 5 Pir Landing Works perfect

Zone 6 Upstairs windows 4 joined together red+black ( not working when opened)

hope you can make this out

What you need to do is where you have two cables going to the sensor have red with red, black in across the reed black out. last sensor red, black on reed.

Ok so at the minute were i have the problem is with the window contacts i have red going into them and black coming out which works fine

When i wire one one into the main panel but when i wire 2 or 3 into the same zone and do the walk through it wont show when its open

Ok so at the minute were i have the problem is with the window contacts i have red going into them and black coming out which works fine

When i wire one one into the main panel but when i wire 2 or 3 into the same zone and do the walk through it wont show when its open

That is because they have to be run in a loop. Red with Red, Black and Black across the reed. By you putting red with black you are closing off the loop.

Sorry for my stupidity but just so i get this right i put black with black and red with red and then cut a piece of wire to link them together

Im i right

Sorry for my stupidity but just so i get this right i put black with black and red with red and then cut a piece of wire to link them together

Im i right

Black with Black, the reed on the contact connects to the Red, Red. The final contact will have red and black on the reed. This closes off the loop.

Finally getting it any ideas how i find the final reed to close it

• Advertisement

Finally getting it any ideas how i find the final reed to close it

The best way to do that is work back from the control panel with the zone on walk test. Trial and error will on each sensor will fix it for you. Just remember it is a loop so as you add a contact you open and close the loop. Thats why you join black with black, the red and red which is across the reed opens and closes the loop.

Advertisement