Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Wireless alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

altor wrote: »
    If you install the Securewave panel it will be a straight swap with the zones wired alarm and tamper. If it has any faults on the zones you should test the zone in question as this may still activate the alarm as your not getting rid of the faulty sensor.

Thanks for the info folks.
    How long do the batteries last in the wireless devices......wireless, in my experience, is quite demanding on power......hence my skepticism and concern re nuisance tripping.......as battery power wanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Walker34 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info folks.
    How long do the batteries last in the wireless devices......wireless, in my experience, is quite demanding on power......hence my skepticism and concern re nuisance tripping.......as battery power wanes.

The batteries last 2-3 years but I recommend replacing the batteries every 2 years in wire free devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭theflash

sorry for jumping in here, i've a problem with a wireless contact on my e/e door. when im going out the alarm sometimes activates before i leave the driveway and it says exit fault, sometimes it sets no problem. any tips on resolving this?? i have the hkc secure wave.

theflash wrote: »
    sorry for jumping in here, i've a problem with a wireless contact on my e/e door. when im going out the alarm sometimes activates before i leave the driveway and it says exit fault, sometimes it sets no problem. any tips on resolving this?? i have the hkc secure wave.

what does it say when you disarm the alarm that is giving the exit fault ?

it says exit fault zone one, which is the e/e zone.

• Advertisement

it says exit fault zone one, which is the e/e zone.

It might be to do with the magnet, is the magnet lined up with the reed on the device, how far away from the contact is the magnet ?

'altor
    It might be to do with the magnet, is the magnet lined up with the reed on the device, how far away from the contact is the magnet ?'

thanks for your help altor.
    its pretty close, but its on the side of the door. so as you look at it you see front of contact and the side of the magnet. could this be my problem?

'altor
    It might be to do with the magnet, is the magnet lined up with the reed on the device, how far away from the contact is the magnet ?'

thanks for your help altor.
    its pretty close, but its on the side of the door. so as you look at it you see front of contact and the side of the magnet. could this be my problem?

I would think so. If the magnet did not close the reed on the contact then you would get the exit fault for zone 1. You can get bigger stronger magnets that might suit your door or even put the magnet on the frame and the contact on the door to allow it make better contact with the reed.

thanks altor:D. any ideas where would i get a bigger/stronger magnet??

Your welcome, hopefully this will solve the issue your having.
    You should be able to pick up a big magnet in most of the suppliers here.
    I would use the HKC type attached.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

thanks altor:D. any ideas where would i get a bigger/stronger magnet??

You could also try an Astec contact magnet. They are that bit stronger & sometimes solve the problem of a contact bearly making.

Advertisement